Shape data for 1 and G lines

Kaufman, Sarah

Mar 2, 2010, 11:04:44 AM3/2/10
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

Hi Developers,

I’ve acquired the shape data for the 1 and G lines, per your requests. As I mentioned, they’re from 2008, so slightly out of date (the 1 should be re-routed to the new South Ferry Station and the G should include Church Ave as a stop).

Before putting these files up on the MTA website, I was hoping some of you could take a look at the files and locate any other data issues, since they apparently haven’t been touched for a couple of years. Once they’re verified, we’ll post it with the other data on MTA.info.

If you’re interested in and willing to test out these files, let me know and I’ll put them up on the google group site.

Thank you,

Sarah

SARAH M. KAUFMAN
MTA New York City Transit

Projects Coordinator, Emerging and Intelligent Transportation Systems

2 Broadway 7th Floor New York, NY 10004 www.mta.info/nyct
sarah....@nyct.com twitter.com/NYCTSubwayScoop

David Turner

Mar 2, 2010, 1:14:04 PM3/2/10
On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 11:04 -0500, Kaufman, Sarah wrote:
> Hi Developers,
>
> I’ve acquired the shape data for the 1 and G lines, per your requests.
> As I mentioned, they’re from 2008, so slightly out of date (the 1
> should be re-routed to the new South Ferry Station and the G should
> include Church Ave as a stop).
>

> Before putting these files up on the MTA website, I was hoping some of
> you could take a look at the files and locate any other data issues,
> since they apparently haven’t been touched for a couple of years. Once
> they’re verified, we’ll post it with the other data on MTA.info.
>

> If you’re interested in and willing to test out these files, let me
> know and I’ll put them up on the google group site.

I'll be glad to eyeball the files. It should be relatively
straightforward to extend the G down to Church Ave -- just copy the
relevant lines from the F. Once we have GTFS, I can probably do that.

Kaufman, Sarah

Mar 2, 2010, 1:37:38 PM3/2/10
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David. The files have been uploaded in case you (or anyone else) wants to take a crack at them.

David Turner

Mar 2, 2010, 2:54:36 PM3/2/10
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Eyeballng the shapes against external geographic maps, both look
entirely reasonable. Is it possible to add these to shapes.txt with or
without the obvious modifications to the G train to accommodate the
extension to Church?