1.7.10.msysgit.1 cant find libiconv-2.dll

Larry H

Apr 10, 2012, 3:29:13 PM4/10/12
to msysGit
Installed from Git-1.7.10-preview20120409.exe, and still needed to
copy libiconv-2.dll from the Git/libexec/git-core folder to the Git/
bin folder to stop the popup window from reporting the dll not found.

Running: Windows 7 64-bit

Other than that all good.

Thanks,

Johannes Schindelin

Apr 10, 2012, 3:36:50 PM4/10/12
to Larry H, msysGit
Hi Larry,

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, Larry H wrote:

> Installed from Git-1.7.10-preview20120409.exe, and still needed to
> copy libiconv-2.dll from the Git/libexec/git-core folder to the Git/
> bin folder to stop the popup window from reporting the dll not found.

Patches welcome!

Thanks!
Johannes

Pat Thoyts

Apr 11, 2012, 2:44:04 PM4/11/12
to Johannes Schindelin, Larry H, msysGit

I'm not seeing that on my normal machine - and I was careful to ensure
any dlls were gone from the Git\bin folder. I'll give this a try in a
clean install in a VM but I suspect there may be machine local
problems causing this only for the OP. Possibly try uninstall, check
everything was removed then install again and see how that works out.

Larry Holding

Apr 11, 2012, 3:18:08 PM4/11/12
to Pat Thoyts, Johannes Schindelin, msysGit

Thanks, full uninstall and reinstall seems to have cleared the issue.

I normally receive my updates as a part of the GitExtentions bundle, where the only option is to install over the old version. Will see what happens next time.