msysGit Perl is incomplete

Guenter

Dec 27, 2010, 7:16:54 PM12/27/10
to msy...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I have recently written a Wiki page to explain how one can get the
gitweb.cgi running on Win32:
https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/MSysGit:GitWeb
and, as you can read there, CGI.pm is currently not part of the msys
Perl which comes with msysGit. Just now I came over another issue where
we have utf8.pm shipping with msys Perl, but lack of utf8_heavy.pl which
utf8.pm depends on - at the moment when you want to serve repos with
utf8 chars then you get an error.
Is it possible that you add those two (CGI.pm/CGI folder +
utf8_heavy.pl)? From what I see both are part of the Perl 5.8.8 source
tree, and just need to be added to your msysGit repo.
I think since you ship gitweb.cgi and everything else necessary to get
gitweb.cgi running it would be great if you could add these two required
dependcies too so that gitweb.cgi can work without 1st searching and
installing those deps.

thanks, Günter.

Johannes Schindelin

Dec 28, 2010, 4:50:38 AM12/28/10
to Guenter, msy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guenter,

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, Guenter wrote:

> Is it possible that you add those two (CGI.pm/CGI folder +
> utf8_heavy.pl)? From what I see both are part of the Perl 5.8.8 source
> tree, and just need to be added to your msysGit repo.

Since you are proficient with Git, you could make those changes in a clone
of msysgit.git and contribute the fix back to the 'mob' branch. Why don't
you give it a try?

Ciao,
Johannes