mozmill-tests repository changes due to new named branches

Henrik Skupin

Apr 13, 2011, 5:48:20 PM4/13/11
to mozmi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Today the builds for the new rapid release cycle have been pushed. With
this change we have to update some of our automation tools and the way
how we operate with the mozmill-tests repository. The following changes
coming into effect by now:

1. We have two new named branches:
*aurora* for builds on the *Aurora* channel
*beta* for builds on the *Beta* channel

2. From now on new Mozmill tests will be first checked into the aurora
branch. The reason is because we want to have our new tests stable, and
there will be too many changes happening for Nightly builds which could
cause our tests to fail. Whenever a merge for Firefox happens we will do
the same for our new tests. That means we merge all changes from aurora
to default. That way we can ensure to test all new features from the
last Firefox release in Nightly builds on a daily basis. The same
strategy will apply to the beta channel, which we will merge all the
tests into once a merge for Firefox happened.

3. There will be situations which will cause us to check-in new tests on
default first, but those should be really rarely and we will handle it
on a case-by-case basis.

Therefore please take care that you always work on the aurora branch
when you create new Mozmill tests.

Any questions or proposals? Feel free to ask.

Thanks,

--
Henrik Skupin
QA Execution Engineer