jumlib assertNotNull not working correctly on Mac

Ankush Kalkote

Jul 27, 2010, 8:29:15 AM7/27/10
to mozmi...@googlegroups.com, Henrik Skupin
Hi,

We have few Mozmill tests for Google toolbar which run fine on Windows and Linux but they are failing on Mac. I tried to debug it on Mac and found that jumlib.assertNotNull is throwing error:
Components.interfaces.nsIAccessibleProvider is undefined

The actual code for that is:
a = controller.window.document.getElementById('gtbToolbar');
dump(a.toolbarName + '\n');
jumlib.assertNotNull(a, "Toolbar is not null"); // This is throwing Error.
b = 1234;
jumlib.assertNotNull(b, "comment"); // This works perfectly.

I have attached js test file for reference and I have Google toolbar and Mozmill 1.4 installed on Mac Firefox (3.0.19)

I would be glad to know what is causing this problem specifically on Mac.

Thanks,
Ankush.

jumlibMacError.js

Henrik Skupin

Sep 2, 2010, 10:02:21 AM9/2/10
to MozMill Developers
On 27 Jul., 14:29, Ankush Kalkote <kalkote.ank...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Ankush,

> b = 1234;
> jumlib.assertNotNull(b, "comment"); // This works perfectly.

what happens when you call jumlib.assertNotNull(null, "comment"); ?

On OS X Firefox doesn't get compiled with nsIAccessibleProvider yet.
But I wonder which part of the code tries to instantiate it. If the
above test from above fails too please file a bug under Testing/
Mozmill for now.

Henrik