socorro-vagrant dev VM

Robert Helmer

May 18, 2011, 3:02:05 PM5/18/11
Hello,

I have been working on a Vagrant virtual machine config for Socorro:

https://github.com/rhelmer/socorro-vagrant

Vagrant (http://vagrantup.com/) is a tool to automate setup of the
VirtualBox VMs. It uses puppet to set up and maintain the VM (the
puppet manifests are based on what we use at Mozilla for staging and
production). Puppet will install and set up all dependencies such as
HBase, Postgres, etc. and make sure the latest Socorro trunk is
installed and configured for your dev environment.

This is still a work-in-progress and I am hoping to get continous
integration up soon, (which will have the side-effect of generating
downloadable VM appliances!), so in the meantime please let me know
how it goes if you try it out.

Thanks!
Rob

Ted Mielczarek

May 18, 2011, 7:42:04 PM5/18/11
to tools-...@lists.mozilla.org
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Robert Helmer <rhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been working on a Vagrant virtual machine config for Socorro:
>
> https://github.com/rhelmer/socorro-vagrant

I've been testing this out and Rob helped me work through a few bugs,
and it's working great for me now locally. It's a really easy way to
get the whole Socorro stack setup for local use. It could probably
even handle low-volume crash processing if your needs aren't too
great.

-Ted