for Reg -- The Lion Sleeps tonight!!!!

1 view

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Dec 3, 2007, 7:41:33 PM12/3/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org

the song was a smash hit during the early 60s: http://www.thetokens.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tokens
--
*IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but messages emailed to me will be disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Chris Ilias

Dec 3, 2007, 8:03:27 PM12/3/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 12/3/07 7:41 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:

> the song was a smash hit during the early 60s: http://www.thetokens.com/
> and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tokens

Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
would be used as a dump group.
--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Dec 3, 2007, 8:21:14 PM12/3/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 12/3/07 7:41 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> the song was a smash hit during the early 60s: http://www.thetokens.com/
>> and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tokens
>
> Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
> Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
> would be used as a dump group.

then where are the posting details for this group? I don't
see it on the etiquette page"

And why are you complaining about it now? I've been doing it
for some time, and you [or JoeS] should have murmured then.
Not a myriad of postings later.

Chris Ilias

Dec 3, 2007, 8:30:40 PM12/3/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 12/3/07 8:21 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 12/3/07 7:41 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>>> the song was a smash hit during the early 60s:
>>> http://www.thetokens.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tokens
>>
>> Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
>> Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
>> would be used as a dump group.
>
> then where are the posting details for this group? I don't see it on
> the etiquette page" http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html

"Posting details"?
I guess
<http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html#testing>, and
Did you actually think that was on-topic in this group?

> And why are you complaining about it now? I've been doing it for some
> time, and you [or JoeS] should have murmured then. Not a myriad of
> postings later.

I suppose I just assumed those were tests.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Dec 3, 2007, 8:44:39 PM12/3/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 12/3/07 8:21 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>> On 12/3/07 7:41 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>>> Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
>>> Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
>>> would be used as a dump group.
>> then where are the posting details for this group? I don't see it on
>> the etiquette page" http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
>
> "Posting details"?
> I guess
> <http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html#testing>, and

for mozilla.test.multimedia is says "For binary test
messages" and thats exactly what I did. I was testing
something for Reg.

then it says here: "This list and newsgroup is a place to
test posting and *reading binaries* with Mozilla-based
clients." Note the vehemency

> Did you actually think that was on-topic in this group?

yes. I was testing, and I'm waiting for reg's reply to see
if he'll be able to read [and hear] it.

>> And why are you complaining about it now? I've been doing it for some
>> time, and you [or JoeS] should have murmured then. Not a myriad of
>> postings later.
>
> I suppose I just assumed those were tests.

just like this one was.

Chris Ilias

Dec 3, 2007, 8:47:46 PM12/3/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 12/3/07 8:44 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:

I saw the thread in mozilla.general that caused you to post your
original message here. I'm not an idiot; and I'm not going fall for your
semantics. You are now banned from posting in mozilla.test.multimedia.

M KC

Dec 3, 2007, 9:21:55 PM12/3/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org

What pathetic, juvenile, asinine, 'male' behaviour.

Margaret

JoeS

Dec 3, 2007, 10:19:23 PM12/3/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
This has not turned out to be a place where folks can learn, and test the Multimedia Capabilities of the Geckos.
(and have a little fun in the process) We haven't attracted a single regular poster, and the one who actually had valid questions has
just been banned.
Nothing in the above post placed any burden on the Giganews server, since it was simply a link.
I remember the assurances that were made when the group was "permitted" and nothing in the above post seems to violate that.
( the rest of my comments, I'll take to personal email)
JoeS

Jay Garcia

Dec 3, 2007, 11:15:09 PM12/3/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org

>> On 12/3/07 7:41 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>>> the song was a smash hit during the early 60s:
>>> http://www.thetokens.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tokens
>>
>> Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
>> Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
>> would be used as a dump group.
>
> then where are the posting details for this group? I don't see it on
> the etiquette page" http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
>
> And why are you complaining about it now? I've been doing it for some
> time, and you [or JoeS] should have murmured then. Not a myriad of
> postings later.

Grant,
You don't need to explain or excuse yourself at all. The horse's ass
doesn't know what he's talking about. He hasn't even the littlest
inkling apparently what a link is as opposed to posting a binary. He has
been given the power to exert whatever pressure he believes right and is
doing so. His intention obviously is to create discord and destroy this
group. The sorriest day for Mozilla Newsgroups was when he was given
some authority.

Complain at Mozilla.governance and try to get Gervase Markham's
attention. He's the one that gave him the authority that he has. He's
the one that said to let him know if there are any problems.

--
Gus

Gus Richter

Dec 4, 2007, 12:24:46 AM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org

Perhaps you're not an idiot, but you should learn what a link is as
compared to a posting with binary content. Since you obviously don't, it
follows that what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic
things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent
response were you close to anything that could be considered a rational
thought. Everyone in UseNet is now dumber for having heard it. I award
you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Now that you've hounded and banned Grant, you can also hound and ban me
as well.

--
Gus

squaredancer

Dec 4, 2007, 8:48:02 AM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 04.12.2007 02:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Chris Ilias to
generate the following:? :

> On 12/3/07 7:41 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>
>> the song was a smash hit during the early 60s: http://www.thetokens.com/
>> and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tokens
>>

> Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
> Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
> would be used as a dump group.

Binary sharing ?? What the hell are you ranting about this time... you
are getting even more intolerable than you were when you took the time
to look at the support groups!

reg

squaredancer

Dec 4, 2007, 8:50:53 AM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 04.12.2007 02:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Chris Ilias to
generate the following:? :

> On 12/3/07 8:21 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>
>>> On 12/3/07 7:41 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:

>>> Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
>>> Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
>>> would be used as a dump group.
>>>
>> then where are the posting details for this group? I don't see it on
>> the etiquette page" http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
>>

> "Posting details"?
> I guess
> <http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html#testing>, and

QUOTE THAT URL:
About test-multimedia
English (USA)

This list and newsgroup is a place to _test posting and reading
binaries_ with Mozilla-based clients. This newsgroup is moderated to
avoid people using it for anything other than testing purposes.
UNQUOTE

Chris - you are quite an idiot!

reg
<< snipped >>

squaredancer

Dec 4, 2007, 8:54:31 AM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 04.12.2007 02:47, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Chris Ilias to
generate the following:? :

that last semi-sentence is self-estimation! I suggest you go ask
someone more qualified to assess your condition!

I would say though, that you are indeed, not a "simple" idiot - with
your reasoning here, you qualify as a "full" idiot

reg

<< snipped >>

squaredancer

Dec 4, 2007, 8:56:59 AM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 04.12.2007 03:21, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused M KC to
generate the following:? :

Margaret - I resent that remark! I see *NOTHING* male (as in masculine)
in Chris Illi-asses behaviour.

reg

Terry R.

Dec 4, 2007, 10:37:01 AM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 12/3/2007 5:47 PM On a whim, Chris Ilias pounded out on the keyboard

How many times should I forgive my brother, seven times? No, seven
times seventy.

When we feel unforgiven, we tend to be unforgiving...

--
Terry R.

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T

Dec 4, 2007, 11:45:08 AM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 12/3/07 8:21 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>> On 12/3/07 7:41 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>>>
>>> Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
>>> Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
>>> would be used as a dump group.
>>
>> then where are the posting details for this group? I don't see it on
>> the etiquette page" http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
>
> "Posting details"?
> I guess
> <http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html#testing>, and
> Did you actually think that was on-topic in this group?
>
>> And why are you complaining about it now? I've been doing it for some
>> time, and you [or JoeS] should have murmured then. Not a myriad of
>> postings later.
>
> I suppose I just assumed those were tests.

You don't know it was not testing now. maybe he is try to see if Reg can
see and hear it.

WE do have to be careful though about using Licensed music as apposed to
free versions of music such as mid/midi files.

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailto:pjo...@kimbanet.com

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T

Dec 4, 2007, 11:50:55 AM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org

Yes but it flat doesn't work in modern versions of SeaMonkey or
Thunderbird. I've tried to get it to work even going to about config and
turning on all the different security schemes.

So that's just out of the question.

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T

Dec 4, 2007, 12:01:51 PM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
Gus I would do so, but fear retribution for doing so, and fear such
just writing this blurb.

Gus Richter

Dec 4, 2007, 2:14:43 PM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org

Phil, I directed the advice to Grant since he's the one under fire by
Ilias, although it does not stop anyone else from doing the same.

If you fear retribution by Ilias, but still wish to express your concern
and dissatisfaction, then e-mail Gervaise personally, including to
mention your fear, else let Grant do it. He's the ball carrier in this
instance.

--
Gus

squaredancer

Dec 4, 2007, 3:28:58 PM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 04.12.2007 16:37, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
generate the following:? :
God is known as being forgiving - but as God only works for Chris, He
doesn't have a say here!

reg

Leonidas Jones

Dec 4, 2007, 1:12:11 PM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
> Gus Richter wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> Chris Ilias wrote:
/snip/

>> Complain at Mozilla.governance and try to get Gervase Markham's
>> attention. He's the one that gave him the authority that he has. He's
>> the one that said to let him know if there are any problems.
>>
> Gus I would do so, but fear retribution for doing so, and fear such
> just writing this blurb.

It is a sorry state indeed when users are fearful of posting in these
groups.

Lee

Jay Garcia

Dec 4, 2007, 9:54:13 PM12/4/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 04.12.2007 12:12, Leonidas Jones wrote:

And even more of a shame is that a good number of the really good peer
supporters have either left or post only on occasion now.

squaredancer

Dec 5, 2007, 10:11:40 AM12/5/07
to test-mu...@lists.mozilla.org
On 05.12.2007 03:54, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
generate the following:? :

> On 04.12.2007 12:12, Leonidas Jones wrote:

ah yes! but the reason for them leaving (ask Chris) is because of all
the OT posts and subsequent "noise" - not to mention, of course, the
poor image that OT-posters leave with newbies!

reg