Cannot Send Messages in TB 1.5.0.5.

Lynn Quinlan

Jul 29, 2006, 12:39:06 PM7/29/06
Hi there,

Using a iMac IntelDuo with OS V10.4.7 with TB 1.5.0.5 (20060719). I keep on
getting error messages when trying to send e-mails. I have my .MAC (paid)
account as the default, but the system wants to send using my normal
Sympatico POPHM (SSL) account. (This is an MSN equivalent, but works like a
secure POP account.) I have tried switching all the settings around on both
accounts with no change. Even though I am reply to a .MAC message I get a
Sympatico error message... It's sending from Sympatico, not .MAC.

Alert
An error occurred while sending e-mail. The server responded: 5.7.0 Must
issue a STARTTLS command first. Please verify that your email address is
correct in your Mail preferences and try again. OK.

Well, I've re-checked all the settings on the accounts numerous times. As I
said these settings were all imported.

Can someone help me find where the correct settings would be stored? I've
checked on my Mac Mail and Entourage and everything is fine there, it's just
TB I'm having a problem with.

Also, how do I synchronize my .MAC account in TB? It doesn't seem to be
working either.

Oh, I can receive messages, but then I have a problem sending replies,
forwards...

Thanks so much! (from Entourage).

Lynn

Moz Champion (Dan)

Jul 29, 2006, 1:23:56 PM7/29/06

It doesnt matter what account you get it on, you can reply using any
outgoing server. In fact, since Thunderbird sometimes experiences
problems with multiple outbound servers, its preferable to use one.
For example, I send all mail from my cogeco server, regardless if its
for my sympatico, cogeco, mac, or att account

To set up the outgoing server in Thunderbird

Tools-->Account Settings-->Outgoing Server (SMTP) (its there,
right at the bottom)

click on Edit and you can change the server to as specified by
Sympatico. Turn on TLS there

With Thunderbird, you simply have Thunderbird read the mac mail server
and use it.

Lynn Quinlan

Jul 29, 2006, 1:57:59 PM7/29/06
On 7/29/06 1:23 PM, in article k7mdnfl9RI8xBFbZ...@mozilla.org,

Thank you. Problem solved, now I can start enjoying TB. I also found the
Synchronization item as well.