Empty, unkillable compose window left over after sending email

Storm

Dec 20, 2007, 9:18:35 AM12/20/07
Starting in the past week or so, an empty compose window is occasionally
left over after I send an email. It's non-functional, and can't be
closed by clicking the red X. The only way to get rid of it seems to be
to close T-Bird (I'm on 2.0.0.9) or to (maybe) compose a new email. I
say "maybe" because I just noticed for the first time that the empty
compose window is gone, now that I'm writing this. I'm on Windows XP.