Color for subfolder with unread message?

Pete Holsberg

Jul 15, 2007, 7:40:51 PM7/15/07
to Thunderbird user help
Is there a way to set the color of a folder so that its name stands out
when a sub-folder contains an unread message?

Right now, the name is black/bold.

Thanks.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

That's OK; I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway
--Anonymous Bumper Sticker

Terry R.

Jul 16, 2007, 10:59:53 AM7/16/07
On 7/15/2007 4:40 PM On a whim, Pete Holsberg pounded out on the keyboard

> Is there a way to set the color of a folder so that its name stands out
> when a sub-folder contains an unread message?
>
> Right now, the name is black/bold.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Pete,

I use this in my userChrome.css:
/* Change the color of containing folders */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true) {color: blue
!important;}

--
Terry R.

Pete Holsberg

Jul 16, 2007, 7:27:31 PM7/16/07
to support-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Terry R. keyed the following on 7/16/2007 10:59 AM:

> On 7/15/2007 4:40 PM On a whim, Pete Holsberg pounded out on the
> keyboard
>
> > Is there a way to set the color of a folder so that its name stands
> > out when a sub-folder contains an unread message?
> >
> > Right now, the name is black/bold.
>
> Hi Pete,
>
> I use this in my userChrome.css: /* Change the color of containing
> folders */ treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true)
> {color: blue !important;}

That colors the folder with the messages. I would like the parent to be
colored as well. I'm trying to keep the folder tree in its compacted
mode as much as possible.

Thanks.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress..
But I repeat myself."
--Mark Twain

stef

Jul 16, 2007, 7:54:53 PM7/16/07
Pete Holsberg wrote:
> Terry R. keyed the following on 7/16/2007 10:59 AM:
>> On 7/15/2007 4:40 PM On a whim, Pete Holsberg pounded out on the
>> keyboard
>>
>> > Is there a way to set the color of a folder so that its name stands
>> > out when a sub-folder contains an unread message?
>> >
>> > Right now, the name is black/bold.
>>
>> Hi Pete,
>>
>> I use this in my userChrome.css: /* Change the color of containing
>> folders */ treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true)
>> {color: blue !important;}
>
> That colors the folder with the messages. I would like the parent to be
> colored as well. I'm trying to keep the folder tree in its compacted
> mode as much as possible.
>
> Thanks.

This works: I am using it right now:

/* ----- font red color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane --- */

treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true) {
color: red !important; /*red*/ }

/* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages
arrive --- */

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-NewMail,
isServer-true),
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, specialFolder-Inbox,
newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold !important; color: red
!important; /*red*/ }

/* ------- has new unread messages ----- */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread, read) {
text-decoration: underline; color: #ff0000 !important; /*red*/ }

Pete Holsberg

Jul 17, 2007, 1:23:35 PM7/17/07
to stef...@yahoo.com
stef keyed the following on 7/16/2007 7:54 PM:

> Pete Holsberg wrote:
> > Terry R. keyed the following on 7/16/2007 10:59 AM:
> >> On 7/15/2007 4:40 PM On a whim, Pete Holsberg pounded out on the

> >> keyboard

> >> Hi Pete,
> >>
> >> I use this in my userChrome.css: /* Change the color of
> >> containing folders */
> >> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true) {color:
> >> blue !important;}

> > That colors the folder with the messages. I would like the parent
> > to be colored as well. I'm trying to keep the folder tree in its
> > compacted mode as much as possible.
>

> This works: I am using it right now:
>
> /* ----- font red color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane --- */
>
> treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true) {
> color: red !important; /*red*/ }
>

> /* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages
> arrive --- */
>
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-NewMail,
> isServer-true), treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol,
> specialFolder-Inbox, newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold
> !important; color: red !important; /*red*/ }
>

> /* ------- has new unread messages ----- */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread, read)
> { text-decoration: underline; color: #ff0000 !important; /*red*/ }

Doesn't work for me.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Treat everyone the way you want to be treated...

stef

Jul 17, 2007, 3:47:53 PM7/17/07
>> stef keyed the following on 7/16/2007 7:54 PM:
>>
>> This works: I am using it right now:
>>
>> /* ----- font red color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane --- */
>>
>> treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true) {
>> color: red !important; /*red*/ }
>>

>> /* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages
>> arrive --- */
>>
>> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-NewMail,
>> isServer-true), treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol,
>> specialFolder-Inbox, newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold
>> !important; color: red !important; /*red*/ }
>>

>> /* ------- has new unread messages ----- */
>> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread, read)
>> { text-decoration: underline; color: #ff0000 !important; /*red*/ }
>
>Pete Holsberg wrote:
> Doesn't work for me.

Pete,
Sorry for going over the basics but let's check this:
Did you exit TB before doing the edit? (I'm sure you did but just in
case....)

This is in my userchrome and it works:

/* ----- font red color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane --- */
treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true) {
color: red !important; /* red */ }
/* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages arrive --- */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-NewMail,
isServer-true),
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, specialFolder-Inbox,
newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold !important; color: red !important;
/* red */ }
/* ------- has new unread messages ----- */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread, read) {

text-decoration: underline; color: red !important; /* red */ }

Let me know.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Jul 17, 2007, 3:58:41 PM7/17/07
stef wrote:
>>> stef keyed the following on 7/16/2007 7:54 PM:
> >Pete Holsberg wrote:
>> Doesn't work for me.
>>

> Pete,
> Sorry for going over the basics but let's check this:
> Did you exit TB before doing the edit? (I'm sure you did but just in
> case....)
>
> This is in my userchrome and it works:
>
> /* ----- font red color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane --- */
> treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true) {
> color: red !important; /* red */ }
> /* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages arrive --- */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-NewMail,
> isServer-true),
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, specialFolder-Inbox,
> newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold !important; color: red !important;
> /* red */ }
> /* ------- has new unread messages ----- */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread, read) {
> text-decoration: underline; color: red !important; /* red */ }
>
> Let me know.

. . . and make sure the file is saved as a text file, and
call it userChrome.css and not userChrome.css.txt, and make
sure it goes into the Chrome directory of the profile, and
not the Chrome directory of the program directory

one. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Pete Holsberg

Jul 17, 2007, 4:12:25 PM7/17/07
to Thunderbird user help
stef keyed the following on 7/17/2007 3:47 PM:

> Pete,
> Sorry for going over the basics but let's check this:
> Did you exit TB before doing the edit? (I'm sure you did but just in
> case....)

Yes. And the file is a text file saved with the correct name and in the
correct directory.

> This is in my userchrome and it works:
>
> /* ----- font red color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane --- */
> treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true) {
> color: red !important; /* red */ }
>

> /* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages arrive --- */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-NewMail,
> isServer-true),
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, specialFolder-Inbox,
> newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold !important; color: red !important;
> /* red */ }
>

> /* ------- has new unread messages ----- */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread, read) {
> text-decoration: underline; color: red !important; /* red */ }
>
> Let me know.

I deleted everything except "Ad block" stuff and put your code at the
top, and I get no color at all.

Previously, Terry's code

/* Change the color of containing folders */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true) {color: blue
!important;}

gave me colored folder names, i.e., the names of folders that contained
unread message(s).

Thanks.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes
perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul,
sincerity, earnestness and kindness....
--Confucius

Pete Holsberg

Jul 17, 2007, 4:22:26 PM7/17/07
to Thunderbird user help
stef keyed the following on 7/17/2007 3:47 PM:

> This is in my userchrome and it works:
>
> /* ----- font red color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane --- */
> treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true) {
> color: red !important; /* red */ }
>
> /* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages arrive --- */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-NewMail,
> isServer-true),
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, specialFolder-Inbox,
> newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold !important; color: red !important;
> /* red */ }
>
> /* ------- has new unread messages ----- */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread, read) {
> text-decoration: underline; color: red !important; /* red */ }
>
> Let me know.

Aha! We have different definitions of "works". Yours lights up the
Account Name and the folder that contain NEW messages.

I like that but it's more important to me to have them light up when
there are UNREAD messages.

Is that easy to change?

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the
few who are rich...
-- John F. Kennedy

stef

Jul 17, 2007, 4:29:33 PM7/17/07
Pete Holsberg wrote:
> stef keyed the following on 7/17/2007 3:47 PM:
>
> Yes. And the file is a text file saved with the correct name and in the
> correct directory.
>

> I deleted everything except "Ad block" stuff and put your code at the
> top, and I get no color at all.
>
> Previously, Terry's code
>
> /* Change the color of containing folders */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true) {color:
> blue !important;}
>
> gave me colored folder names, i.e., the names of folders that contained
> unread message(s).
>
> Thanks.

Sorry you're having so much trouble with this.
It works beautifully here.
What program did you use to edit your UserChrome.css?
What is the path to that file on your system?
Thanks.

stef

Jul 17, 2007, 4:35:26 PM7/17/07
Pete Holsberg wrote:
> stef keyed the following on 7/17/2007 3:47 PM:
>> This is in my userchrome and it works:
>>
>> /* ----- font red color - new mail in the left (accounts) pane --- */
>> treechildren:-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true)
>> { color: red !important; /* red */ }
>>
>> /* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages arrive
>> --- */
>> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol,
>> biffState-NewMail, isServer-true),
>> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol,
>> specialFolder-Inbox, newMessages-true) { font-weight: bold !important;
>> color: red !important; /* red */ }
>>
>> /* ------- has new unread messages ----- */
>> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread,
>> read) { text-decoration: underline; color: red !important; /* red */ }
>>
>> Let me know.
>>
> Aha! We have different definitions of "works". Yours lights up the
> Account Name and the folder that contain NEW messages.
>
> I like that but it's more important to me to have them light up when
> there are UNREAD messages.
>
> Is that easy to change?

Peter, Sorry. In my haste I did not fully appreciate what you were
trying to achieve. My bad.
You want something more "static" not just when emails are received; but
as long as they remain unread.
Is that correct?
If that is the case, I have not dug into it enough; but I am sure it can
be achieved by "hacking" that "hack" above. IOW: newMessages might be
able to be replaced by their Unread Messages equivalent--however,
without looking into it, off the top of my head, I do not know what the
code is. Others here might--or I'll try to look it up later when I have
more time.

Pete Holsberg

Jul 17, 2007, 4:45:42 PM7/17/07
to Thunderbird user help
stef keyed the following on 7/17/2007 4:35 PM:

> Peter, Sorry. In my haste I did not fully appreciate what you were
> trying to achieve. My bad.
>
> You want something more "static" not just when emails are received;
> but as long as they remain unread.
>
> Is that correct?

Yup!

> If that is the case, I have not dug into it enough; but I am sure it
> can be achieved by "hacking" that "hack" above. IOW: newMessages
> might be able to be replaced by their Unread Messages
> equivalent--however, without looking into it, off the top of my head,
> I do not know what the code is. Others here might--or I'll try to
> look it up later when I have more time.

Look it up where?

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Maxim for the Internet Age: Speak softly and carry a cell phone...

Tony Mechelynck

Jul 17, 2007, 4:53:04 PM7/17/07
stef wrote:
[...]

> Pete,
> Sorry for going over the basics but let's check this:
> Did you exit TB before doing the edit? (I'm sure you did but just in
> case....)
[...]

userChrome.css (and userContent.css) may be edited even while Thunderbird is
running (Tb reads these files at startup and never overwrites them), but the
settings won't be used until Thunderbird is restarted.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
You will lose your present job and have to become a door to door
mayonnaise salesman.

Nir

Jul 22, 2007, 10:49:01 AM7/22/07
Pete Holsberg wrote:
> Is there a way to set the color of a folder so that its name stands out
> when a sub-folder contains an unread message?
>
> Right now, the name is black/bold.
>
> Thanks.

Close Thunderbird.
Goto Tb profile folder .
open ( or create if doesn't exist ) chrome folder.
open ( or create if doesn't exist ) userChrome.css file in your word
editor.
put this in that file

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol,
subfoldersHaveUnreadMessages-true) {
color: any_color !important;
}

Pete Holsberg

Jul 22, 2007, 5:41:11 PM7/22/07
to Nir
Nir keyed the following on 7/22/2007 10:49 AM:

Excellent! Thanks.

I tried to combine that with code from an earlier poster and now I have
the following in my userChrome.css:

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true,
subfoldersHaveUnreadMessages-true) {
color: green !important;
}

/* ---- to make the account name in a colour when new messages arrive --- */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, biffState-NewMail,
isServer-true),
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol,
specialFolder-Inbox, newMessages-true) {
font-weight: bold !important; color: red !important; /* red */
}

/* ------- has new unread messages ----- */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(container, closed, hasUnread, read) {
text-decoration: underline; color: red !important; /* red */
}

What I'm trying to get is this:

Any folder that has an unread message (new or not) should have its name
displayed in red.
Any folder that contains a folder with an unread message should have its
name in red.

Can you help?

Is there a reference on what the names of the arguments to
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text are?

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a
question remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb

Nir

Jul 22, 2007, 8:21:16 PM7/22/07
Pete Holsberg wrote:

> What I'm trying to get is this:
>
> Any folder that has an unread message (new or not) should have its name
> displayed in red.
> Any folder that contains a folder with an unread message should have its
> name in red.

/* Folder with unread/new messages */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true)
{
color: red !important;
}

/* Folder with subfolder, contains unread/new messages */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(subfoldersHaveUnreadMessages-true) {
color: red !important;

}

Pete Holsberg

Jul 22, 2007, 8:35:33 PM7/22/07
to Thunderbird user help
Nir keyed the following on 7/22/2007 8:21 PM:

Wow! Almost there! Can we make the parents of the containing folder bold
red?

And can we make the name of the account (the root folder) also bold red
whenever there's an unread message in its hierarchy?

Many thanks.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Maxim for the Internet Age: You can't teach an old mouse new clicks...

Ron K.

Jul 22, 2007, 9:41:48 PM7/22/07
On 7/22/2007 8:35 PM , Thunderbird leader Pete Holsberg by teletype
announce :

> Nir keyed the following on 7/22/2007 8:21 PM:
>
>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
>>

>>> What I'm trying to get is this:
>>>
>>> Any folder that has an unread message (new or not) should have its name
>>> displayed in red.
>>> Any folder that contains a folder with an unread message should have its
>>> name in red.
>>>
>> /* Folder with unread/new messages */
>> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true)
>> {
>> color: red !important;
>> }
>>

>> /* Folder with subfolder, contains unread/new messages */
>> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(subfoldersHaveUnreadMessages-true) {
>> color: red !important;
>> }
>>

> Wow! Almost there! Can we make the parents of the containing folder bold
> red?
>
> And can we make the name of the account (the root folder) also bold red
> whenever there's an unread message in its hierarchy?
>
> Many thanks.

To make bold add: { font-weight: bold !important; } to any of the style
rules.
To make Italic add: { font-style: italic !important; } to any of the
style rules.

--
Ron K.
Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

Charles Wootten

Jul 23, 2007, 9:13:53 PM7/23/07
on 7/22/2007 5:41 PM Pete Holsberg scribbled the following:

> Nir keyed the following on 7/22/2007 10:49 AM:
>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
>>> Is there a way to set the color of a folder so that its name stands out
>>> when a sub-folder contains an unread message?

Pete, just a quick note letting you know that I appreciate your
question and responses by Nir and others. This really does look cool!
I might have never thought about it. :)

{charley}

Ken Whiton

Jul 24, 2007, 8:15:46 PM7/24/07
*-* On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:41:48 -0400,
*-* In Article NpOdnamjZ6V1mznb...@mozilla.org,
*-* Ron K. wrote
*-* About Re: Color for subfolder with unread message?

> On 7/22/2007 8:35 PM , Thunderbird leader Pete Holsberg by teletype
> announce :
>> Nir keyed the following on 7/22/2007 8:21 PM:

>>> /* Folder with unread/new messages */
>>> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true)
>>> {
>>> color: red !important;
>>> }

>>> /* Folder with subfolder, contains unread/new messages */
>>> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(subfoldersHaveUnreadMessages-true)
>>> {
>>> color: red !important;
>>> }

>> Wow! Almost there! Can we make the parents of the containing folder
>> bold red?

>> And can we make the name of the account (the root folder) also bold
>> red whenever there's an unread message in its hierarchy?

I've been following this thread and I don't see where this
question has been addressed yet.

> To make bold add: { font-weight: bold !important; } to any of the
> style rules.
> To make Italic add: { font-style: italic !important; } to any of
> the style rules.

I've modified the various entries from this thread to (almost)
get my folder pane looking the way I want it. Here's the relevant
section from my userChrome.css:

/* Set Colors In Folder/Account Window */

#folderTree > .tree-rows > .tree-bodybox {
background-color: #0000DD !important; }
#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-true) {
font-weight: bold; color: white !important; }
#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(hasUnreadMessages-false) {
color: yellow !important; }

This gives me a blue background with the names of folders
containing unread messages/posts displayed in bold white and the names
of folders without unread messages/posts displayed in yellow.
Somehow the names of accounts are displayed in bold yellow, but I'd
like to have them in bold white. Is this possible, and if so, how do
I make it happen?

Ken Whiton

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: kenw...@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)

Ron K.

Jul 24, 2007, 11:13:30 PM7/24/07
On 7/24/2007 8:15 PM , Thunderbird leader Ken Whiton by teletype announce :

Ken for what it's worth this is the content of my userChrome.css
pertaining to text and account highlighting. I have another section
that deals with swapping my Icons for those of my theme to identify news
accounts differently than mail accounts.

/* ..Folder.Pane.. */
#folderPaneHeader { padding-top: 1px !important; padding-right: 16px
!important;
padding-bottom: 1px !important; padding-left: 8px !important; }
#folderPaneBox { border-width: 0px !important; }
#folderTree { border: none !important; padding-right: 0px !important;
padding-left: 2px !important; }
#folderTree > .tree-rows > .tree-bodybox { background-color: #8373F3
!important;
border-right: 0px outset #F3F3F9 !important;
border-left: 0px outset #F3F3F9 !important; }
#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text { font-size: 11px
!important; }
#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell(folderNameCol, isServer-true) {
background-color: #69669C !important;
border-top: 1px outset #67679D !important;
border-bottom: 1px outset #646499 !important;}
#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell(folderNameCol, isServer-true,
open) {
background-color: #BCBCF3 !important;
border-top: 1px outset #BDBDF4 !important;
border-bottom: 1px outset #B9B9F0 !important; }
#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(selected) {
color: #FAFAFA !important; background-color:#585C7C !important;
border-top: 1px solid #696F96 !important; border-right: 1px solid
#333647 !important;
border-bottom: 1px solid #333647 !important; border-left: 1px solid
#696F96 !important;
padding-right: 4px !important; padding-left: 4px !important; }

This CSS is designed to over ride several aspects of the Sky Pilot
classic theme. This gives me a wider folder tree than the SPC theme's
settings and alters account highlighting in a manner I believe is
consistent with the theme. I rely on the Nina font, not any of the
other MS fonts shipped with Windows. Nina was designed by Mathew
Carter, the same font designer who created the MS Tahoma, Verdana, and
Trebuchet web fonts. Nina was designed for the MS Windows CE notebook
class of computers with their smaller LCD displays. Nina is capable of
being readable down to a 6 px screen size. Few other fonts can match the
performance of this font.

stef

Jul 25, 2007, 2:36:09 AM7/25/07
Ron K. wrote:
> On 7/24/2007 8:15 PM , Thunderbird leader Ken Whiton by teletype announce :

So I guess one would have to install the "Nina" font? If so, can you
provide a link to it?

Ron K.

Jul 25, 2007, 11:16:40 PM7/25/07
On 7/25/2007 2:36 AM , Thunderbird leader stef by teletype announce :

It is available at myfonts.com as a four face font family. You can use
any font installed on your system by swapping the font name in the style
rules I posted. Of the three MS fonts I named, Tahoma is the most
compact. Arial Narrow is another option and might be one of the
installed fonts with a windows system. I originally aquired Nina from
the now defunct MS Typography web site. The Nina version at myfonts.com
is an upgrade with UNICODE support for ANSI 1250, 1251,1252,1253,1254,
and 1257 code pages. Thus Nina is useful for those working in a
multi-lingual environment.

Ken Whiton

Jul 30, 2007, 5:54:37 PM7/30/07
*-* On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:13:30 -0400,
*-* In Article k4qdnS3jSoPFIjvb...@mozilla.org,

*-* Ron K. wrote
*-* About Re: Color for subfolder with unread message?

> On 7/24/2007 8:15 PM , Thunderbird leader Ken Whiton by teletype
> announce :
>> *-* Ron K. wrote

>>> On 7/22/2007 8:35 PM , Thunderbird leader Pete Holsberg by teletype
>>> announce :

[ ... ]

>> I've been following this thread and I don't see where this
>> question has been addressed yet.

Pete, try this:

#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(isServer-true,
hasUnreadMessages-true) {
font-weight: bold; color: red !important; }

[ ... ]

>> This gives me a blue background with the names of folders
>> containing unread messages/posts displayed in bold white and the
>> names of folders without unread messages/posts displayed in yellow.
>> Somehow the names of accounts are displayed in bold yellow, but I'd
>> like to have them in bold white. Is this possible, and if so, how
>> do I make it happen?

> Ken for what it's worth this is the content of my userChrome.css

> pertaining to text and account highlighting. I have another section
> that deals with swapping my Icons for those of my theme to identify
> news accounts differently than mail accounts.

> /* ..Folder.Pane.. */

[ ... ]

> #folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell(folderNameCol, isServer-true) {
> background-color: #69669C !important;
> border-top: 1px outset #67679D !important;
> border-bottom: 1px outset #646499 !important;}
> #folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell(folderNameCol, isServer-true,
> open) {
> background-color: #BCBCF3 !important;
> border-top: 1px outset #BDBDF4 !important;
> border-bottom: 1px outset #B9B9F0 !important; }

[ ... ]

> This CSS is designed to over ride several aspects of the Sky Pilot
> classic theme. This gives me a wider folder tree than the SPC
> theme's settings and alters account highlighting in a manner I
> believe is consistent with the theme.

[ ... ]

Thanks for posting that, Ron. Looking it over, the
"isServer-true" specification appeared to be the "missing link" that I
needed, so I worked with it a bit and *BINGO* ...

#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(isServer-true) {

font-weight: bold; color: white !important; }

gives me exactly the bold white account names I was looking for.

Thanks again for all the help both you and Nir have given Pete
and me in this matter.

Ron K.

Jul 30, 2007, 7:41:24 PM7/30/07
On 7/30/2007 5:54 PM, Thunderbird leader Ken Whiton by teletype announced:

I had some help from the DOM Inspector to track down the portions of the
Sky Pilot theme that were styling the folder pane items. Not only are
there server selectors but there are selectors for type of server, i.e.
mail, local, news, imap, etc. These two selectors are examples. When
browsing through the theme JAR file I like to use WinRar because it
displays the archive content in a folder tree that makes the
relationship of the folders clear.

treechildren::-moz-tree-image(folderNameCol, isServer-true, serverType-nntp)

treechildren::-moz-tree-image(folderNameCol, isServer-true,
serverType-nntp, isSecure-true)

Ken Whiton

Aug 1, 2007, 2:46:45 PM8/1/07
*-* On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:41:24 -0400,
*-* In Article ybmdnTxrHNGu6jPb...@mozilla.org,

*-* Ron K. wrote
*-* About Re: Color for subfolder with unread message?

> On 7/30/2007 5:54 PM, Thunderbird leader Ken Whiton by teletype
> announced:

[ ... ]

>> Thanks for posting that, Ron. Looking it over, the
>> "isServer-true" specification appeared to be the "missing link"
>> that I needed,

[ ... ]

>> Thanks again for all the help both you and Nir have given
>> Pete and me in this matter.

> I had some help from the DOM Inspector to track down the portions of

> the Sky Pilot theme that were styling the folder pane items. Not
> only are there server selectors but there are selectors for type of
> server, i.e. mail, local, news, imap, etc.

[ ... ]

What version of the DOM Inspector are you using, and where did
you get it. The one currently available at the TB add-ons site has a
minimum version of 2.0b1, and like you I haven't upgraded to TB2 yet.
I know I can edit the install.rdf file and modify that so that it will
install, but I'm somewhat concerned that there might be something
about it that actually *IS* incompatible with earlier versions of TB.

Ron K.

Aug 1, 2007, 4:56:26 PM8/1/07
On 8/1/2007 2:46 PM, Thunderbird leader Ken Whiton by teletype announced:

Got it off the add-ons site, linked off the page for the current DOMi,
look for older version. If you can not find it, e-mail and I can send
you a zip of it. It is ver 1.8 and it's internal date is 1/6/2006.

Ken Whiton

Aug 1, 2007, 6:19:20 PM8/1/07
*-* On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:56:26 -0400,
*-* In Article v4GdnebcZtiIaS3b...@mozilla.org,

*-* Ron K. wrote
*-* About Re: Color for subfolder with unread message?

> On 8/1/2007 2:46 PM, Thunderbird leader Ken Whiton by teletype
> announced:
>> *-* Ron K. wrote

[ ... ]

>>> I had some help from the DOM Inspector to track down the portions
>>> of the Sky Pilot theme that were styling the folder pane items.
>>> Not only are there server selectors but there are selectors for
>>> type of server, i.e. mail, local, news, imap, etc.

>> What version of the DOM Inspector are you using, and where

>> did you get it. The one currently available at the TB add-ons site
>> has a minimum version of 2.0b1, and like you I haven't upgraded to
>> TB2 yet.

> Got it off the add-ons site, linked off the page for the current

> DOMi, look for older version. If you can not find it, e-mail and I
> can send you a zip of it. It is ver 1.8 and it's internal date is
> 1/6/2006.

Got it. Thanks.