Att Yahoo email settings

Laurence

Sep 20, 2007, 1:31:35 AM9/20/07
Hello,

I have DSL. Using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6

I just got an email from ATT Yahoo.
It sent me to the following web page with these
instructions (below), on how to change my email settings.

I can make the changes to the Pop server.

But for the SMTP server, I can only make the
change to the server name, (smtp.att.yahoo.com).
There is no provision for changing the Port on
the SMTP server, or and option to user SSL.

Does this mean I can no longer use Thunderbird?

Thanks in Advance,
Laurence

Alternatively, you may take the following steps to change the settings
on your desktop or mobile email client program:

1. Open your email client program.
2. Locate the email account settings for your particular client.
3. Change the POP server to pop.att.yahoo.com.
4. Change the SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com.
5. Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL) and
change the SMTP port to 465.
6. Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL) and
change the POP3 port to 995.
7. Confirm the above settings before clicking OK.

Biczók László

Sep 20, 2007, 2:21:18 AM9/20/07
Laurence wrote:

> But for the SMTP server, I can only make the
> change to the server name, (smtp.att.yahoo.com).
> There is no provision for changing the Port on
> the SMTP server, or and option to user SSL.

Laurence,

Tools -> Account Settings -> Bottom of the account list

There is the SNMP server listed there.
Click on it and you can edit SNMP server parameters after pressing
<Edit> on the right hand side of the window!

Cheers,

Laszlo

Biczók László

Sep 20, 2007, 2:33:27 AM9/20/07

Sorry, of course I meant the SMTP server :-)

Laurence

Sep 20, 2007, 3:07:32 AM9/20/07
I found it.
Thank you Biczok.