Netscape Mercury

Jay Garcia

Jun 11, 2007, 11:16:51 PM6/11/07
For those interested, which should be the entire planet, we're beginning
production on a new Netscape standalone mail / news application
"Netscape Mercury". It will be sourced from Thunderbird 2.0 and when
2.0.0.4 is released we'll coincide our updates accordingly. I don't know
the ETA or timeline at the moment. I'll keep everybody informed as
things progress and public announcements are able to be presented, etc.
Just so everybody is aware, the Netscape staff has been peeking in on
conversations concerning a mail / news app and gathering information on
wanted features and such. Stay tuned ................ thanks.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Jun 11, 2007, 11:45:50 PM6/11/07
Jay Garcia wrote:
> For those interested, which should be the entire planet, we're beginning
> production on a new Netscape standalone mail / news application
> "Netscape Mercury".

whatever happened to the update to Net 7.2, which you said would happen
after Net 9.x came out? Has AOL still plans for that or has it been
scraped.

--
Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Jay Garcia

Jun 11, 2007, 11:45:29 PM6/11/07

Jun 12, 2007, 1:52:03 AM6/12/07
Star date 6/11/2007 11:16 PM by teletype, Thunderbird leader Jay Garcia
called the control tower to announce :

Jay,

Is there any prognoses or road map for features that will differentiate
Mercury from Thunderbird?

I think you know the favorite NTMM/MTMM wish, a user friendly HTML composer.

--
Ron K.
Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

Ron Hunter

Jun 12, 2007, 4:28:50 AM6/12/07

Any idea of new features they might include?
That is features in addition to those in TB?

--
Ron Hunter rphu...@charter.net

Jay Garcia

Jun 12, 2007, 9:08:20 AM6/12/07

Jun 12, 2007, 9:09:12 AM6/12/07

Jun 12, 2007, 10:42:35 AM6/12/07

That's the usual idea as it was with NN 9. We have a really good,
responsible crew.

Ron K.

Jun 12, 2007, 4:14:43 PM6/12/07
Star date 6/12/2007 9:08 AM by teletype, Thunderbird leader Jay Garcia
called the control tower to announce :
> On 12.06.2007 00:52, Ron K. wrote:

Please keep the NTMM group on your announcement list as folks there can
help shake down MM bugs.

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T

Jun 13, 2007, 2:54:57 PM6/13/07
Thought you were one of the programmers?

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailto:pjo...@kimbanet.com

Jay Garcia

Jun 14, 2007, 2:44:50 PM6/14/07

Jun 14, 2007, 6:44:33 PM6/14/07

Shouldn't that be a really good, responsible "canadian" crew? Or has
that changed?

Slow in following this and in general all the NG's lately or else I
would not have commented in NTMM re. this subject.

BTW, cut out this OT stuff or the marshall will delete and possibly ban!

--
Gus

Jay Garcia

Jun 14, 2007, 7:09:59 PM6/14/07

Jun 15, 2007, 9:36:05 AM6/15/07

Jun 15, 2007, 12:54:44 PM6/15/07

AOL had the right to use IE for 7 years without paying a dime. Perhaps
that agreement has run out. Maybe thats why they can't use IE in Net 9.

Jay Garcia

Jun 15, 2007, 2:34:37 PM6/15/07

Jun 15, 2007, 4:21:49 PM6/15/07
Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 15.06.2007 11:54, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

yes, I know that. I was referring to the fact that Net 8 had IE in it.
I was just "assuming" that the AOL use of IE had expired, thats why it
wasn't put into Net 9.

Ron Hunter

Jun 15, 2007, 5:03:45 PM6/15/07
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 15.06.2007 11:54, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

It didn't 'have IE in it', but rather does the same thing as FF with IE
Tab, simply uses the memory resident portion of IE which is available to
ALL applications running in Windows.

--
Ron Hunter rphu...@charter.net

Jay Garcia

Jun 15, 2007, 7:19:40 PM6/15/07
On 15.06.2007 14:46, Ron K. wrote:

> After all these years you have finally admitted there was a second prize
> in you box of 'Cracker Jacks'. Clocks are good, cups meed frequent
> maintainance.

Well, I would say pens as well but they're all non-functional, outta
ink. The coffee mug is the best, a Captain's Mug, wide rubber base,
non-skid. Got polo shirts too but too small now .. ugh.

Jay Garcia

Jun 15, 2007, 7:22:46 PM6/15/07
On 15.06.2007 15:21, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>> On 15.06.2007 11:54, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

No, NS 8 didn't have IE "in it" but rather a hook to the IE engine via
the Trident Plugin. In loose terminology one could say "in it" but NN 9
can do the same thing using the IETab extension which is a lot less
invasive. AOL has nothing to do with either. Disabling Trident is a bit
more difficult but IETab is much easier with the Uninstall in the
add-ons menu, much cleaner.

Jay Garcia

Jun 15, 2007, 7:24:19 PM6/15/07
On 15.06.2007 16:03, Ron Hunter wrote:

> It didn't 'have IE in it', but rather does the same thing as FF with IE
> Tab, simply uses the memory resident portion of IE which is available to
> ALL applications running in Windows.

Not quite, NS 8 uses the Trident Plugin TRIDENT.DLL and is a lot more
invasive that IETab. I use IETab in NN 9 a lot better.

squaredancer

Jun 18, 2007, 2:23:03 PM6/18/07
On 15/06/2007 20:34, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
generate the following:? :

> On 15.06.2007 11:54, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

IE = Interesting Explanation ;-)

reg