Any way to highlight watched threads?

Ken Krupa

Sep 12, 2007, 10:26:51 AM9/12/07
I like the way OE presents watched threads in red. Much more attention
getting than the little eye at the left. Any way to do this in TB?

Andrew DeFaria

Sep 12, 2007, 11:48:34 AM9/12/07
Ken Krupa wrote:
I like the way OE presents watched threads in red. Much more attention getting than the little eye at the left. Any way to do this in TB?
Yes...

Oh you probably want to know how to do it eh? You should target your questions better...

Create a userChrome.css file in your profile - see http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit

Add the following to your userChrome.css:
/* watched threads */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(news, watch) {
  color:        red             !important;
}

/* watched threads, top selected */
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(news, watch, selected) {
  color:        #ff0            !important;    /* brighter against dark background */
}
Now your watched threads will be in red. If you like, create a filter to auto-watch threads you're participating in like
  1. Select Tools: Message Filters
  2. Select Filters for: <newserver>: choose this news server
  3. Select New to create a new filter for the entire server
  4. Set Filter name to Watch My Threads
  5. Create a line that is From Contains <your username>
  6. Change Perform these actions to Watch Thread
  7. Repeat steps 2-6 for each news server you have configured
Now when you post to a thread it will automatically be watched and appear in red.
--
Andrew DeFaria
Why does mineral water that has trickled through mountains for centuries have a "use by" date?

Ken Krupa

Sep 12, 2007, 12:22:41 PM9/12/07
Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> Ken Krupa wrote:
>> I like the way OE presents watched threads in red. Much more attention
>> getting than the little eye at the left. Any way to do this in TB?
> Yes...
>
> Create a userChrome.css file in your profile - see
> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit
>
> Add the following to your userChrome.css:
>
> /* watched threads */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(news, watch) {
> color: red !important;
> }
>
> /* watched threads, top selected */
> treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(news, watch, selected) {
> color: #ff0 !important; /* brighter against
> dark background */
> }
>
> Now your watched threads will be in red. If you like, create a filter to
> auto-watch threads you're participating in like
>
> 1. Select *Tools: Message Filters*
> 2. Select *Filters for:* </newserver/>: *choose this news server*
> 3. Select *New* to create a new filter for the entire server
> 4. Set *Filter name* to /Watch My Threads/
> 5. Create a line that is *From* *Contains *</your username/>
> 6. Change *Perform these actions* to /Watch Thread/
> 7. Repeat steps 2-6 for each news server you have configured

> Now when you post to a thread it will automatically be watched and
> appear in red.
> --
> Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>

> Why does mineral water that has trickled through mountains for centuries
> have a "use by" date?

Excellent - thank you!