Auto-complete newsgroups?

LU Wei

Jul 29, 2009, 7:42:37 AM7/29/09
Can TB auto-completes Newsgroup: header when posting as To: header
when mailing? Sometimes it is useful.

--
Regards,
LU Wei

Melchert Fruitema

Jul 29, 2009, 8:16:42 AM7/29/09
On 29-07-2009 13:42 CET, LU Wei composed this enchanting statement:

> Can TB auto-completes Newsgroup: header when posting as To: header
> when mailing? Sometimes it is useful.

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Could you rephrase it, please?

--
Kind regards,
Melchert

Roy Smith

Jul 29, 2009, 3:45:31 PM7/29/09
LU Wei wrote:
> Can TB auto-completes Newsgroup: header when posting as To: header
> when mailing? Sometimes it is useful.

I don't think it can, or at least I haven't found a way to make it do it.

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3

Roy Smith

Jul 29, 2009, 3:48:49 PM7/29/09
Melchert Fruitema wrote:
> On 29-07-2009 13:42 CET, LU Wei composed this enchanting statement:
>> Can TB auto-completes Newsgroup: header when posting as To: header
>> when mailing? Sometimes it is useful.
>>
> Sorry, I don't understand the question. Could you rephrase it, please?

What the OP is asking is if there is a way you can start typing a
newsgroup name when composing a message, and have TB offer suggestions
to complete the newsgroup name based on what you have typed.

LU Wei

Jul 29, 2009, 9:52:18 PM7/29/09
Exactly, like selecting from address book, since TB has the group list.
It's useful, e.g. when reading in group, hit by a message and want to
forward it to share in another group, besides maybe reply at the same
time, or set the Followup-to: to another group. It's not convenient to
type the long group names, and sometimes I just forget the spelling.

Melchert Fruitema

Jul 30, 2009, 3:43:09 PM7/30/09
On 30-07-2009 03:52 CET, LU Wei composed this enchanting statement:
Right, you probably do not want an auto-complete on the newsgroup, at all.

How about a kind of word filter, narrowing down the number of candidate
newsgroups, like in manage newsgroup subscriptions?

LU Wei

Jul 30, 2009, 10:29:44 PM7/30/09
Certainly it's better! Like now I am cross posting to
mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird hoping this issue be noticed, and I may not
know the exact develop group name. It will be great to type "dev" or
"thunderbird" then TB gives suggestion.