yahoo password not remembered

h brewer

May 23, 2006, 1:53:31 AM5/23/06
I recently have this problem with yahoo. TB will NOT remember the yahoo
password, and keeps asking me for it. I can get into my yahoo account
via the net, I get yahoo messenger, but cannot download from yahoo at
all. I have had thunderbird for over 2 years now, and never had this
problem before. Could it be something to do with upgrading to TB 1-7?
Though I had this problem a few days before and upgraded to see if that
would fix the problem. I have no trouble with any other net email accounts.
I have tried deleting the yahoo account and resetting it. I have tried
every possible thing I could think of or find suggestions for on forums.
nothing.
anyone have any ideas?
hbrewer

squaredancer

May 23, 2006, 7:19:39 AM5/23/06
On 23.05.2006 07:53 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused h brewer to
generate the following:? :

this is a Yahoo setting, *NOT* to do with TB (nor Firefox or other browser)

More and more providers (ISPs, Banks, Insurances etc) are setting their
log-ins in such a manner as that Passwords and Usernames are not stored
offline... presumed security?? What they forget though (in my mind,
anyway) is that the user has to *KEY IN* those security features...
absolute gobble-food for key-loggers!

Did you know that there are now PS2/USB Key-loggers on the market, that
look exactly like a PS2 or USB extension lead?? If your workmate or
boss decides to "grab" your passwords, they just have to place a
key-logger between your keyboard and its USB port... matter of 10
seconds! A "curtesy visit" the next day, another 10 seconds...
http://www.keyghost.com/

reg

h brewer

May 23, 2006, 9:34:18 AM5/23/06
but why should this happen now, all of a sudden, when I have had no
problem for years?
also, in the password tab in options, I notice that it says for user
name (not specific) - yet my user name is typed in clearly in the
servers and settings in the Account settings window. I wonder if for
some reason my computer or TB will not register this user name correctly
for logging in to yahoo. I have no trouble opening my yahoo account
online nor opening yahoo messenger which have the same user name. So I
tend to think it is either 1. something amiss with my TB settings in
some deep dark part of the computer I fear to tread, or 2. some sort of
disagreement in settings between yahoo and thunderbird.

still no joy on this one.
thanks for the reply, though.
H Brewer

squaredancer

May 23, 2006, 10:01:45 AM5/23/06
On 23.05.2006 03:34 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused h brewer to
generate the following:? :

> H Brewer

may well be that the "system" was running OK for years but then - from
now to next second, the Webmaster changes the method... and do they tell
you in advance?? do they advise the users? do they provide hot-line support?
If you can answer one question with "No", you stand a chance of winning
this months refridgerator!

reg

Ron Hunter

May 23, 2006, 12:29:10 PM5/23/06
The worst thing about complex passwords, and having to enter them every
time is that then people write them down, and stick them under the
keyboard on a post-it note. Sure makes hacking into a computer easy.

Ron Hunter

May 23, 2006, 12:31:35 PM5/23/06
It may be that Yahoo has switched to a javascript password handling. Or
uses something proprietary to OE. Since I don't have access to Yahoo
pop mail, I can't really say, but I know that the Yahoo webmail defeats
saving the password in FF. This is their idea of improving security.

gwtc

May 23, 2006, 12:39:27 PM5/23/06
Ron Hunter wrote:

Yahoo works just fine with passwords. I have 3 accounts and I have no
problems whatsoever.

Yahoo has two types of logons. One is the Standard and one is
Secured. I can't remember which one will save.

However, you can get around this with the Remember Password
Bookmarklet:
http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password

--
I bet you didn't know that half of all North Americans live within 50
miles of their birthplace

squaredancer

May 23, 2006, 4:09:29 PM5/23/06
On 23.05.2006 06:29 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron Hunter

I make it real difficult, inasmuch as that I use an edding and write my
passwords *upsidedown* under the keyboard... I wish I had used a
pencil.... (after changing my PW three times :-( :-( :-( )

reg

Chris Ilias

May 23, 2006, 7:59:18 PM5/23/06
_squaredancer_ spoke thusly on 23/05/2006 7:19 AM:

> On 23.05.2006 07:53 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused h brewer to
> generate the following:? :
>
>> I recently have this problem with yahoo. TB will NOT remember the
>> yahoo password, and keeps asking me for it. I can get into my yahoo
>> account via the net, I get yahoo messenger, but cannot download from
>> yahoo at all. I have had thunderbird for over 2 years now, and never
>> had this problem before. Could it be something to do with upgrading to
>> TB 1-7? Though I had this problem a few days before and upgraded to
>> see if that would fix the problem. I have no trouble with any other
>> net email accounts.
>> I have tried deleting the yahoo account and resetting it. I have tried
>> every possible thing I could think of or find suggestions for on forums.
>> nothing.
>> anyone have any ideas?
>> hbrewer
>
> this is a Yahoo setting, *NOT* to do with TB (nor Firefox or other browser)
>
> More and more providers (ISPs, Banks, Insurances etc) are setting their
> log-ins in such a manner as that Passwords and Usernames are not stored
> offline... presumed security?? What they forget though (in my mind,
> anyway) is that the user has to *KEY IN* those security features...
> absolute gobble-food for key-loggers!

What's described above is done when logging in via a web-browser, and
probably does not apply to the OP, who wants to use Thunderbird to
access Yahoo mail (POP?).
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

Splibbilla

May 23, 2006, 8:30:04 PM5/23/06

sharp eyes :-)
the next question is whether OP is using yahoo's paid-for "official" pop
feature, or using a 3rd party popper.

currently ypops (Oe and k9) works for me
and though i don't use tb for mail nowadays, i had ypops working with
tb, thru k9. (k9 is spam filter software keir.net/k9.html)

if it were logging via browser:
more than "you" ever wanted know:
yahoo's anti-autofill might be within the html form:

<fieldset>
<legend>Login Form</legend>
<form method="post" action="https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?"
autocomplete="off" name="login_form">
<input type="hidden" name=".tries" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name=".src" value="ym">
<input type="hidden" name=".md5" value="">
<input type="hidden" name=".hash" value="">
<input type="hidden" name=".js" value="">

<input type="hidden" name=".last" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="promo" value="">
<input type="hidden" name=".intl" value="us">
<input type="hidden" name=".bypass" value="">
<input type="hidden" name=".partner" value="">
<input type="hidden" name=".u" value="fojv8r92778t6">
<input type="hidden" name=".v" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name=".challenge"
value="LVge504DP_CzEsw8nPo1.P8FSsnO">
<input type="hidden" name=".yplus" value="">

<input type="hidden" name=".emailCode" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="pkg" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="stepid" value="">
<input type="hidden" name=".ev" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="hasMsgr" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name=".chkP" value="Y">
<input type="hidden" name=".done" value="http://mail.yahoo.com">

class="yreg_ipt" type="text"></td>
class="yreg_ipt" type="password"></td>

value="y"> <label for="persistent">Remember my ID on this
computer</label></p>

</form>
</fieldset>

if i were investigating, i'd paste that into small html file on my
computer. then i'd be able to more quickly test my edits and experiments.

although
<input type="hidden" name=".u" value="fojv8r92778t6">

and
<input type="hidden" name=".challenge" value="LVge504DP_CzEsw8nPo1.P8FSsnO">

look like they may mess up the experimentation.

Splibbilla

May 23, 2006, 8:30:20 PM5/23/06

after having a churchful of chimps with typewriters create a cypher,
translate into Basque, rot13, tearing the keyboard into scraps, throwing
the scraps 3 ways into the wind, and the password still looks too much
like "Rosebud". :-)

> reg

Splibbilla

May 23, 2006, 8:38:04 PM5/23/06
Splibbilla wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:

snip

>> What's described above is done when logging in via a web-browser, and
>> probably does not apply to the OP, who wants to use Thunderbird to
>> access Yahoo mail (POP?).
>
> sharp eyes :-)
> the next question is whether OP is using yahoo's paid-for "official" pop
> feature, or using a 3rd party popper.
>
> currently ypops (Oe and k9) works for me
> and though i don't use tb for mail nowadays, i had ypops working with
> tb, thru k9. (k9 is spam filter software keir.net/k9.html)

i just recalled that tb has a Bayesian filter thing, so switching from
yahoo mail to fastmail and then pop fastmail thru tb, might be the
cleanest fix.

squaredancer

May 24, 2006, 4:16:24 AM5/24/06
On 24.05.2006 02:30 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Splibbilla
to generate the following:? :

> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> On 23.05.2006 06:29 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron
>> Hunter to generate the following:? :

>>> The worst thing about complex passwords, and having to enter them
>>> every time is that then people write them down, and stick them under
>>> the keyboard on a post-it note. Sure makes hacking into a computer
>>> easy.
>>

>> I make it real difficult, inasmuch as that I use an edding and write
>> my passwords *upsidedown* under the keyboard... I wish I had used a
>> pencil.... (after changing my PW three times :-( :-( :-( )
>

> after having a churchful of chimps with typewriters create a cypher,
> translate into Basque, rot13, tearing the keyboard into scraps,
> throwing the scraps 3 ways into the wind, and the password still looks
> too much like "Rosebud". :-)
>
>> reg

hey - have you been *here* under my keyboard?? how did you guess my
secret password??

reg

squaredancer

May 24, 2006, 4:24:53 AM5/24/06
On 24.05.2006 01:59 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Chris Ilias

Considering that fact...

OP - where is your Yahoo ISP situated? I have a Yahoo.co.uk account
that "POPs" ok in my TB1.0.7, but I was told some time ago that US
accounts don't allow POP-ing the Yahoo-Web account! May be your problem,
that the locale has changed their system!

reg

Ron Hunter

May 24, 2006, 5:13:58 AM5/24/06
I don't use pencils. They are for people who make mistakes. Grin.

Ron Hunter

May 24, 2006, 5:15:20 AM5/24/06
A bit confusing, given that Yahoo seems to have ditched their POP server
access around here. Or did they just make it a pay service?

h brewer

May 24, 2006, 8:01:32 AM5/24/06
excuse me fellas, but the above is like Chinese to me. Could you explain
what pop fastmail is? and how you would do all this switiching? I am
reasonably computer literate (compared to other English teachers,
anyway), but all that is too advanced for me. I have no idea what a
Bayesian filter thing is. forgive my humble ignorance.
thanks, hbrewer

h brewer

May 24, 2006, 8:04:08 AM5/24/06

I am in China, behind a proxy server (otherwise about half the internet
is unavailable) I use tor - privoxy, so I suppose, I am not actually
anywhere, as far as my computer is concerned. The problem has arisen
recently and I have been using tor-privoxy for about a year or so, - so
that can't be the problem. At least I don't know how.

h brewer

May 24, 2006, 8:07:48 AM5/24/06

I use - or did use without problems till recently - yahoo pop mail. I
used TB as my email client and it just automatically downloaded yahoo
mail. This has workded well for 2 years, now it doesn't. I have no idea
why. Though when I look at the passwords tab in options and it lists all
my password user accounts, for some strange reason it lists my yahoo
account user as <unspecified> though I have entered the user name in the
accounts settings menu and find no other place where I can edit or
change or renew it - could that be the problem and if so, how can I fix it?

h brewer

May 24, 2006, 8:17:34 AM5/24/06
gwtc wrote:

> Yahoo has two types of logons. One is the Standard and one is Secured.
> I can't remember which one will save.
>
> However, you can get around this with the Remember Password Bookmarklet:
> http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password

tried, didn't fix the problem

Ron Lopshire

May 24, 2006, 8:25:11 AM5/24/06

hbrewer,

If you want to use TB as a client for Web-based email such as Yahoo,
you need somthing like:

FreePOPs
(http://www.freepops.org/en/)

Quote: FreePOPs is an easily extensible program, which allows access
to the most varied resources through the POP3 protocol.
Mainly, it can be used to download mail from the most famous webmails,
but it could also be used as an aggregator for RSS feeds and much
more. This way it is possible to get all your messages in your
favorite email client.

Bayesian Info:

Bayes' theorem
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayes'_theorem)

A Plan for Spam/Better Bayesian Filtering - Paul Graham
(http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html)
(http://www.paulgraham.com/better.html)

K9 Email Filter - Robin Keir
(http://keir.net/k9.html)

POPFile Email Filter
(http://popfile.sourceforge.net/)

SpamBayes Email Filter
(http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/)

Ron :)

gwtc

May 24, 2006, 11:47:42 AM5/24/06
squaredancer wrote:

Richard Rosebud 'Ritchie' Petrie

--
Witty Words of Wisdom: Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and
some days you're the statue.

gwtc

May 24, 2006, 11:51:49 AM5/24/06
h brewer wrote:

then its not a TB problem and you should discuss this with yahoo

squaredancer

May 24, 2006, 2:19:16 PM5/24/06
On 24.05.2006 02:17 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused h brewer to
generate the following:? :

> gwtc wrote:

it doesn't work with several URLs now-a-days... reckon the scripts have
been modernized

reg

squaredancer

May 24, 2006, 2:22:13 PM5/24/06
On 24.05.2006 05:47 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused gwtc to
generate the following:? :

=-O oh! Him! =-O

reg

h brewer

May 24, 2006, 7:43:49 PM5/24/06

sorry, I should have been clearer, the settings mentioned above are in
my Thunderbird options and Account settings menus, not Yahoo mail online
menus. In the TB account settings menu, there are several account
settings, one of them for me is my yahoo account - that is where I
specified the user name, but in the options menu, in the passwords tab,
the list of accounts with passwords shows the yahoo account as having an
unspecified username. All this in in the TB information.

Do you still think then it is a yahoo problem, not a TB one?
thanks a lot for answering, by the way. I appreciate you people doing this.
Hbrewer

h brewer

May 24, 2006, 8:52:04 PM5/24/06
Ron Lopshire wrote:

> If you want to use TB as a client for Web-based email such as Yahoo, you
> need somthing like:
>
> FreePOPs
> (http://www.freepops.org/en/)
>
> Quote: FreePOPs is an easily extensible program, which allows access to
> the most varied resources through the POP3 protocol.
> Mainly, it can be used to download mail from the most famous webmails,
> but it could also be used as an aggregator for RSS feeds and much more.
> This way it is possible to get all your messages in your favorite email
> client.

freepops yeilded a 404 for windows when I looked it up. several times.
Thanks for the info on Bayesian maths. Interesting but not particularly
useful for me. Somewhat out of my league, mathematically. But I did
enjoy the wikipedia information.

Ron Hunter

May 24, 2006, 10:29:46 PM5/24/06

If you didn't change anything on your end, then the problem is probably
due to something that was changed by Yahoo. Doesn't that make sense?

Ron Lopshire

May 25, 2006, 9:47:21 AM5/25/06
h brewer wrote:

h brewer,

1) I am/was starting to agree with Ron Hunter and others about your
problem being with Yahoo, but why can't you get to the FreePOPS site?
It leads me to believe that your HOSTS file or FF blacklist (AdBlock)
has been hijacked or otherwise screwed up. What do you use for
site-blocking security measures?

2) The links and info associated with Bayesian filtering can be
somewhat overwhelming, particularly for non-math majors, but here is
the point. There are basically three ways to enforce spam filtering
--- whitelisting, blacklisting and Bayesian-type filtering. It is
important that you understand the basic differences, advantages and
disadvantages among all three. Suffice it to say that the overall goal
is to prevent _all_ spam and allow _all_ legitimate mail. You will
_never_ achieve that goal. Almost all modern anti-spam
measures/utilities provide for the use of all three, and understanding
a few basic principles should help you achieve the trade-offs
necessary for your purposes.

Ron :)

h brewer

May 25, 2006, 10:46:48 AM5/25/06

I can get the site, and click on downloads, but the 404 or this site not
found on this server comes up when I click the autoinstaller button or
the zip file button. I see no other link to download.

I am getting truly fed up now. Now my computer is not letting me send my
gmail account either. I think that there is something wrong somewhere on
my computer now. I have no idea how to fix this.

The Real Bev

May 25, 2006, 5:05:05 PM5/25/06
gwtc wrote:

> Yahoo has two types of logons. One is the Standard and one is
> Secured. I can't remember which one will save.
>
> However, you can get around this with the Remember Password
> Bookmarklet:
> http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password

Which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to work in linux. It doesn't woprk
at the MyPoints site or my bank either.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
-- Hunter S. Thompson

The Real Bev

May 25, 2006, 5:08:51 PM5/25/06
Ron Hunter wrote:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>> What's described above is done when logging in via a web-browser, and
>> probably does not apply to the OP, who wants to use Thunderbird to
>> access Yahoo mail (POP?).
>
> A bit confusing, given that Yahoo seems to have ditched their POP server
> access around here. Or did they just make it a pay service?

Yes. Google still offers free POP, as well as SMTP which works when
you're using somebody else's computer hooked up to AOL and you don't
know their password.

I've heard good things about the google desktop, but it's windows only
(maybe Mac, but who cares?)

Ron Lopshire

May 25, 2006, 8:16:43 PM5/25/06
h brewer wrote:
> Ron Lopshire wrote:
>
>> h brewer wrote:

>>> freepops yeilded a 404 for windows when I looked it up. several
>>> times. Thanks for the info on Bayesian maths. Interesting but not
>>> particularly useful for me. Somewhat out of my league,
>>> mathematically. But I did enjoy the wikipedia information.
>>
>> 1) I am/was starting to agree with Ron Hunter and others about your
>> problem being with Yahoo, but why can't you get to the FreePOPS site?
>> It leads me to believe that your HOSTS file or FF blacklist (AdBlock)
>> has been hijacked or otherwise screwed up. What do you use for
>> site-blocking security measures?
>
> I can get the site, and click on downloads, but the 404 or this site not
> found on this server comes up when I click the autoinstaller button or
> the zip file button. I see no other link to download.
>
> I am getting truly fed up now. Now my computer is not letting me send my
> gmail account either. I think that there is something wrong somewhere on
> my computer now. I have no idea how to fix this.

h brewer,

I don't know why you are having problems with the FreePOPs site. The
links all take me to the SourceForge download site. Here is the direct
link:

(http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepops/)

And here is the direct link to the executable installation file (U of
MN download mirror):

(http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freepops/FreePOPs-0.0.98-gnutls.exe?use_mirror=umn)
Short Version: (http://tinyurl.com/qgevv)

You will get a page that states that the download should begin
shortly. If not, click on this link or choose a different mirror. And
then you should get a dialog box for choosing where to save it. Please
tell me that you don't let *.exe links run automatically from your
browser (or email client, for that matter). [bg]

Yeah, you have something weird going on. Can you access/use your
Yahoo/Gmail accounts using your browser (Web email)? Do you have any
POP3 or IMAP accounts that can be set up in TB? Such as your ISP email
account? I suggest that you investigate these options, and then see
about getting TB setup for Yahoo email.

And again, what security apps do you have/use? Does an AV scan or
Anti-Spyware scan yield anything suspicious?

Ron :)

h brewer

May 26, 2006, 12:47:15 AM5/26/06

ok, I downloaded the program, worked out that the yahoo password problem
was a matter of checking the ssl button (silly me) but I still had
problems sending mail. This program seems to have solved that problem,
but now I am not receiving mail - I keep getting "timed out". oh how I
hate computer problems, I have been trying to solve my email problems
for hours. the helpful manual that comes with this little popmail
program is over 60 pages, and most I do not understand. Would you be so
kind now as to tell me what I have to change in the account settings
windows of thunderbird to allow this little program to not timeout for
all my accounts now when downloading. Which buttons of the secure
settings do I use? TLS or SSL or what? Should I click the little
use-secure-authentation box? what ports do I type in for the pop mail,
and which should I type in for the smtp? though, that seems to work now.
anything else? I am so fed up with this, I am about ready to go back to
paper, pen and snail mail.
I can, by the way access all my accounts online, it is just downloading
them into thunderbird that the problem is.
thanks immensly
H brewer

h brewer

May 26, 2006, 4:00:32 AM5/26/06
The Real Bev wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>> What's described above is done when logging in via a web-browser, and
>>> probably does not apply to the OP, who wants to use Thunderbird to
>>> access Yahoo mail (POP?).
> >
>> A bit confusing, given that Yahoo seems to have ditched their POP
>> server access around here. Or did they just make it a pay service?
>
> Yes. Google still offers free POP, as well as SMTP which works when
> you're using somebody else's computer hooked up to AOL and you don't
> know their password.
>
> I've heard good things about the google desktop, but it's windows only
> (maybe Mac, but who cares?)

ok, guys, I think I have finally solved my problem. Thanks for your
help. A good deal of if was my own ignorance/stupidity/lack of
understanding - the normal in 99% of computer problems, I think.

some lessons: in case some other idiot runs into the same problems.

1.if yahoo keeps asking for the password, make sure the SSL radio button
in TB account settings is clicked for the pop settings. This is what
changed, not some whole inscrutable thing that required that "remember
password button". It used to be the "never" button. The TLS button does
not do it. It has to be the SSL one. It did not help that our local LAN
had glitches the same day I first noticed the problem.

2. you cannot have both forwarding AND pop access (I know,you might
think, duh? - but I did not know that. now I do.) If you have both, the
pop access does not work. hence continual problems.

3. for gmail, (and probably others) changing the settings on your own
computer in TB settings for smtp also requires that you check the
settings on the website mail account to match.

4. when in doubt, go for the simplest explanation first. check the
obvious things in detail before uninstalling or replacing programs or
installing new ones.

Also,
Yahoo's website (for me) does not work all that well- the pop forwarding
and access link simply does not work. I click it, and the page refreshes
- no new window opens. I do not know if, like your downloading link
for the pops program, it has something to do with my proxy server
(tor-privoxy) - though I don't see how, or if it is some other glitch.
Probably to do with the website.
But it does make life harder when links don't work.
anyway, I think I have solved my problems. thank you, thank you, thank
you.

It turned out that my problems were a lot simpler than they appeared,
but to computer semi-dummies like me, the simplest thing can seem wholly
insurmountable.
I still do not know why the links for downloading that program did not
work, but I have found that for some executable files (not all, just
some) there is some instruction somewhere on my computer to block them.
something to do with the ftp rules or something. I do not know what it
is, as mostly I do not have that problem. I certainly am not going to
investigate it more now.

cheers, I will buy you all a beer if we ever meet up.
hbrewer

gwtc

May 26, 2006, 11:17:41 AM5/26/06
h brewer wrote:

You're talking about FreePops, right?

If so, then under Server Settings,

the Server Name is LocalHost
the Port is 2000
and the User Name is your full email address such as m...@yahoo.com

and thats it.

Uncheck the setting for SSL and secure authentication.

uncheck "check for new messages at startup"

check "check for new messages every ___ minutes" I use 5

and check "automatically download new messages."

--
Witty Words of Wisdom: Always read stuff that will make you look good
if you die in the middle of it

Tibelian

Jun 1, 2006, 6:30:46 AM6/1/06
>> What's described above is done when logging in via a web-browser, and
>> probably does not apply to the OP, who wants to use Thunderbird to
>> access Yahoo mail (POP?).
>
> sharp eyes :-)
> the next question is whether OP is using yahoo's paid-for "official" pop
> feature, or using a 3rd party popper.
>
> <snipped for brevity>

Not all Yahoo domains have paid POP. There are Yahoo domains in Asia
with free pop (in exchange for occasional "promotions")

- Tibelian

Rick Berger

Jun 4, 2006, 3:59:59 PM6/4/06
to Mozilla Thunderbird end-user help
Just lost my mouse in doing an upgrade to Ubuntu's Dapper and I am
writing a posting to their user list. I want to bring in a text file to
my message. Is there any way of reading a text file into TB's composer?

Rick