FTP Link In TB

1 view

Jay Garcia

Aug 10, 2007, 9:06:40 AM8/10/07
Clicking an ftp:// url link in TB brings up IE even though Firefox is
the default browser. URL:FileTransferProtocol in the File Types in
folder options is set for Firefox also.

How to set FF as the default FTP browser? Even the MS news group hasn't
a clue ... so far.

Is this because FF is a "browser" and not an FTP Client even though
ftp:// is a url??

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Jay Garcia

Aug 10, 2007, 9:09:35 AM8/10/07
On 10.08.2007 08:06, Jay Garcia wrote:

> Clicking an ftp:// url link in TB brings up IE even though Firefox is
> the default browser. URL:FileTransferProtocol in the File Types in
> folder options is set for Firefox also.
>
> How to set FF as the default FTP browser? Even the MS news group hasn't
> a clue ... so far.
>
> Is this because FF is a "browser" and not an FTP Client even though
> ftp:// is a url??

Forgot to mention, running XP-Pro SP1

Fred W.

Aug 10, 2007, 11:31:50 AM8/10/07
Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 10.08.2007 08:06, Jay Garcia wrote:

Works OK here with XP Home SP2, TB 2.0.0.6, and FF 2.0.0.6. I do have
the FireFTP extension installed, which may be pertinent.

Jay Garcia

Aug 10, 2007, 11:36:03 AM8/10/07

Aug 10, 2007, 12:19:11 PM8/10/07
On 10.08.2007 17:36, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
generate the following:? :
look at "about:config" in both apps - filter on FTP. My (older)
versions have 4 (FF) resp 5 (TB) entries. Dunno if they are relevant to
your problem???

reg

Ron K.

Aug 10, 2007, 12:32:29 PM8/10/07
On 8/10/2007 11:36 AM, Thunderbird leader Jay Garcia by teletype announced:

I just clicked the FTP link in the other post and it opened in Fx. I
did have Fx running in the tray of Win ME. I have the FTP protocol set
in file associations to open Fx in the manner the 'Purple Hippo' outlined.

--
Ron K.
Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting

Nir

Aug 10, 2007, 12:57:24 PM8/10/07
Jay Garcia wrote:
> Clicking an ftp:// url link in TB brings up IE even though Firefox is
> the default browser. URL:FileTransferProtocol in the File Types in
> folder options is set for Firefox also.
>
> How to set FF as the default FTP browser? Even the MS news group
> hasn't a clue ... so far.
>
> Is this because FF is a "browser" and not an FTP Client even though
> ftp:// is a url??

Does it works if firefox is already running ?

BTW, you may

1.uncheck DDE checkbox for ftp file type (if it helps) .
2.Set Firefox as default again at Start -> Default Programs -> Set
default programs for this computer> custom