en-US in-product pages articles renamed

Chris Ilias

Mar 11, 2008, 11:33:13 AM3/11/08
Yesterday, I renamed all the en-US articles, moved them to the knowledge
base category, and created staging copies.

If you disagree with any of the names, now is the time to say it. :-)

Old name: prefs-en-US
New name: Options window
(The old version was renamed to Options_window, and the poll reset. It
will eventually redirect to the in-product article.)

Old name: accessibility-en-US
New name: Accessibility

Old name: cookies-en-US
New name: Cookies
(The old version was renamed to About cookies, and the poll reset. It
will eventually redirect to the in-product article.)

Old name: customization-en-US
New name: Customizing Firefox

Old name: download_manager-en-US
New name: The Download Manager

Old name: forieusers-en-US
New name: For Internet Explorer Users

Old name: glossary-en-US
New name: Glossary

Old name: menu_reference-en-US
New name: Menu Reference
(The old version was renamed to Menu_Reference, and the poll reset. It
will eventually redirect to the in-product article.)

Old name: mouse_shortcuts-en-US
New name: Mouse shortcuts

Old name: popup-en-US
New name: Pop-up blocker
(The old version was renamed to Blocking pop-ups, and the poll reset. It
will eventually redirect to the in-product article.)

Old name: shortcuts-en-US
New name: Keyboard shortcuts

Old name: tabbed_browsing-en-US
New name: Tabbed browsing
(The old version was renamed to How to use tabbed browsing, and the poll
reset. It will eventually redirect to the in-product article.)

Old name: using_firebird-en-US
New name: Using Firefox

Jason Barnabe (np)

Mar 11, 2008, 11:54:13 AM3/11/08
On Mar 11, 10:33 am, Chris Ilias <n...@ilias.ca> wrote:
> Old name: popup-en-US
> New name: Pop-up blocker
> (The old version was renamed to Blocking pop-ups, and the poll reset. It
> will eventually redirect to the in-product article.)

How come I can't reach Blocking pop-ups in a search? Just hasn't been
updated yet?

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-searchresults.php?q=blocking%20pop-ups

David Tenser

Mar 11, 2008, 12:34:35 PM3/11/08

Probably Google indexing. I see it as #2 result now.

Chris Ilias

Mar 11, 2008, 12:42:03 PM3/11/08
On 3/11/08 12:34 PM, _David Tenser_ spoke thusly:

I don't see <http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Blocking+pop-ups> in the
search results. <http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Pop-up+blocker> is #2 here.

Jason Barnabe (np)

Mar 11, 2008, 12:52:03 PM3/11/08