Putting YouTube Videos on Mozilla built websites?

jknig...@yahoo.com

May 22, 2007, 10:28:54 AM5/22/07
I am trying to figure out how to put a video from YouTube on my
website I edit with Mozilla. If you can help it would be much
appreciated. I am fairly new to this so please explain in detail. I
have tried the following:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDUewW3NwE8[/yt]

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://
www.youtube.com/v/GDUewW3NwE8"></param><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
GDUewW3NwE8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"
width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Neither one worked after saving and publishing. Please help.
(THIS IS A VIDEO I AM PUTTING ON A TEST PAGE. ONCE DONE THE ACTUAL
PAGE WILL HAVE VIDEO I SHOOT FROM AIRPORT EVENTS)

Thank you.

jknig...@yahoo.com

May 22, 2007, 10:33:09 AM5/22/07

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 31, 2007, 4:29:10 PM5/31/07

try asking in the mozilla.test.multimedia newsgroup. They might be able
to help you there.

--
Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. And only
click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Chris Ilias

May 31, 2007, 6:07:54 PM5/31/07
On 5/31/07 4:29 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:

> try asking in the mozilla.test.multimedia newsgroup. They might be able
> to help you there.

This is the correct group. The OP is asking a question about how to use
the Mozilla Suite HTML Editor; not testing multimedia in the mailnews
client.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 31, 2007, 7:10:53 PM5/31/07

I still stand by what I said. The people in that group can help the OP.
Yes, I know, you don't like it and thats your problem.

Chris Ilias

May 31, 2007, 7:22:34 PM5/31/07
On 5/31/07 7:10 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 5/31/07 4:29 PM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>>> try asking in the mozilla.test.multimedia newsgroup. They might be
>>> able to help you there.
>>
>> This is the correct group. The OP is asking a question about how to
>> use the Mozilla Suite HTML Editor; not testing multimedia in the
>> mailnews client.
>
> I still stand by what I said. The people in that group can help the OP.
> Yes, I know, you don't like it and thats your problem.

So you're saying you will consciously direct the OP to a newsgroup, in
which you know his message will be rejected? That's not very helpful of you.

The people in MTMM read more than just that group. Contacting any of
them does not necessitate posting that group.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

May 31, 2007, 7:55:17 PM5/31/07

that newsgroup is about multi media -- whether it putting them in emails
or creating webpages. IMO, I'm sure the people in those groups will be
helpfull to the OP and his problem. Only you will disagree.

Not all the posters/helpers in those groups, monitor the others groups.