Little itty bitty window

1 view

George Abbot

Jul 28, 2008, 11:02:01 AM7/28/08
Occasionally my wife calls me with a problem on her computer. When I
check it out, occasionally the FF window is postage stamp size in the
upper left corner of the screen. Sometimes there are multiple copies.

It has happened with every version of FF.

When I close the window and restart FF all is well again, so it is not
a big deal, except for the walk back and forth between her computer
and mine, but exercise is good.

Any ideas what she may be doing to cause this. She has none nor do I.

Thanks.

GA

Ron Hunter

Jul 28, 2008, 11:12:42 AM7/28/08
Your wife is going slap happy with the left mouse button. This results
in the OS trying to start multiple copies of the program. Tell her to
double-click, NOT click several times. It will take a few seconds for
the program to appear, and she must be patient.

--
Ron Hunter rphu...@charter.net

Lou

Jul 28, 2008, 11:51:10 AM7/28/08
I see said the blind man to his deaf wife!
Has happened to me a few times. Now I know, thanks,

Lou

Irwin Greenwald

Jul 28, 2008, 12:06:09 PM7/28/08

Ron gave you the answer for how to avoid it. To correct it when it
happens, grab the lower right corner of the box and stretch it. (I make
the same walk from time to time!)

--
Irwin

David McRitchie

Jul 28, 2008, 4:30:06 PM7/28/08
"Irwin Greenwald"
> Ron gave you the answer for how to avoid it. To correct it when it
> happens, grab the lower right corner of the box and stretch it. (I make
> the same walk from time to time!)

As I recall sometimes it is hard to grab sides or corner, when it is real
small if it is then try Alt+Spacebar then Size should work.
Do resize such windows when seen so that it won't be small that is
remembered when a new window is opened.

Rather than risk multiple clicks on the Firefox icon, when you want to
open an additional window use Ctrl+N for new window,
or Ctrl+T for a new Tab from within Firefox.

Besides double-clicking on a Window, I think doing a download, or
opening a PDF file within Firefox can result in that small window.
So when it happens that might help remember what was done.

Ron Hunter

Jul 28, 2008, 6:02:02 PM7/28/08
Yes, I do the same thing now and then, but my wife is really impatient,
so it happens to her more often (her computer is slower as well).

Ron Hunter

Jul 28, 2008, 6:05:11 PM7/28/08
I have a button on my pointing device programed for a double-click, so I
am not so likely to see this symptom. That might also help with the
problem. If it does happen to me, I normally just close any such
windows with the close box.

Lou

Jul 28, 2008, 11:10:41 PM7/28/08

Well now all you need to do is find a little programm that lets out real
mouse squeaks when she gets impatient:-))

Lou

Blinky the Shark

Jul 29, 2008, 1:48:21 AM7/29/08

They do make special mice for women, Lou. :)

http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/mouse4ladies.jpg

ObFirefox: Firefox works nicely with mice and trackballs.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

George Abbot

Aug 1, 2008, 12:55:57 PM8/1/08

Thanks, all. Let her read your remarks and she laughed- "Yes, thats me!"

Again, Thanks

GA

Tonya Marshall

Aug 2, 2008, 1:55:25 PM8/2/08

Putting the icon on the Quick Launch toolbar makes it so you click it once.

Ron Hunter

Aug 2, 2008, 6:05:00 PM8/2/08
Which is where I have it, and how I often use it. My QL toolbar is
docked on the left edge of the screen, with autohide. Works like a charm.