FF 4 - Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar

Jack

Mar 22, 2011, 10:06:45 AM3/22/11
It would be nice if Firefox 4 had a Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar build in,
the add on that was used with Firefox 3.6 is not working.

David McRitchie

Mar 22, 2011, 12:51:34 PM3/22/11
"Jack" wrote...

> It would be nice if Firefox 4 had a Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar build in,
> the add on that was used with Firefox 3.6 is not working.

Hi Jack,
Did you check the comments on the addons page for updates/alternatives
and the page's forum. A lot of developers have updates in place until new version
is out for a couple of weeks. A lot of bottlenecks to extension developers
have been removed so they should get up fast once they provide updated versions.

Here are two styles that you could try
Simple Multi-row Bookmarks Toolbar **TEST** - userstyles.org
http://userstyles.org/styles/45503/simple-multi-row-bookmarks-toolbar-test

Multiple row Bookmarks Toolbar - Themes and Skins for browser - userstyles.org
http://userstyles.org/styles/70/multiple-row-bookmarks-toolbar

A style that I would suggest instead, and read the comments, because you really
want to use folders on you bookmarks toolbar. (works in 4.0 it is mine)
This get twice as many bookmarks and folders in the space if names are 1-3 letters
compared to 1-3 letters if you have those icons also appear.
Bookmarks Toolbar Blue/Folders, Red/Bookmarks - Themes and Skins for browser - userstyles.org
http://userstyles.org/styles/9091
Unfortunately the site has overridden the image sizes, you can compare actual
size differences of the Before and After pictures by turning off styling with "Read Easily" extension, or
View (Alt+V) --> Page Style --> No Style

BTW to use a Style you want to install the "Stylish" extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/stylish/
and styles are a lot smaller than extensions and quicker to turn
on/off, test, and you can make your own modifications.

--
HTH,
Fx4: Firefox 4.0 Problems and Orientation (#fx4) see

Jack

Mar 22, 2011, 5:40:59 PM3/22/11

I installed the Simple Multi-row Bookmarks Toolbar **TEST** from
userstyles.org and it is working just fine.

Thank you for the advice.