Firefox wants to use the font....

Richard A Milewski

Mar 11, 2010, 3:51:44 PM3/11/10
I'm running Firefox 3.6 on Snow Leopard on a Mac Pro. Lately, every
time I start Firefox I get a succession of 50 or more dialog boxes
that say:

"Firefox wants to use the font XXXX on the volume "Drive 2". This
font is not installed. Allow Firefox to use this font?"

There is a "Don't ask me again for Firefox.app" checkbox that has no
apparent effect.

I've tried Repair Permissions on the system drive, reinstalling
Firefox from a fresh download, and tried creating a fresh Firefox
profile. All to no avail.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something else to try?

Richard A Milewski

Mar 11, 2010, 4:25:00 PM3/11/10
Solved the problem.

Firefox > Preferences > Content Tab > Fonts & Colors > Advanced Button
> Uncheck "Allow pages to choose their own fonts..."

Closed Firefox. Reopened it and the problem was gone.

Closed Firefox and reopened the other profile. The problem was
gone !!??!!.

Closed Firefox and reopened the first profile, opened prefs and
rechecked the box.

Closed Firefox. Reopening *ANY* profile now works without the
problem.

Prefs should be per-profile, shouldn't they? I have no idea why
this fixed the problem for all profiles.

Jack Griebel

Apr 26, 2010, 8:53:00 AM4/26/10

I have the same problem and this didn't work to fix it for me.