CCleaner vs. add-ons Better Privacy and Vacuumplaces

kes

Nov 27, 2009, 3:58:07 AM11/27/09
Hi

If my reading of the change-log of the latest CCleaner (v.2.26.1050)is
correct
http://www.ccleaner.com/download/version-history

CCLeaner does the job of two of the add-ons I use -- 'Better Privacy' (
deletes Flash cookies) and 'Vacuum Places' (compacts sqlite database bloat).

Has anyone compared the add-on vs CCleaner performance? I'd rather do
with less add-ons if I can, hence the question.

Christoph Schmees

Nov 27, 2009, 6:29:17 AM11/27/09
kes schrieb:

Better Privacy dues more than CC: It takes care of LSO *and* DOM, it can
keep the flashplayer default cookie (where your settings are stored. It can
prevent ping tracing. It is customisable. It cleans up automatically after
each session.
Similar w/ Vacuum Places: You can tell it how often (after how many
seessions) it should clean up *automatically*. No need to remember or take
action manually.

CC is fine, but I would not abandon those two extensions for it. VP
perhaps, but BP never.

MHO. Christoph