page up|down not function

LU Wei

Feb 17, 2010, 9:19:35 PM2/17/10
Please test:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=deepin
Even if in Firefox 3.6 safe mode, page up|down and space bar does not
function properly. What's wrong?

--
Regards,
LU Wei

pen

Feb 17, 2010, 10:10:27 PM2/17/10
On 2/17/2010 9:19 PM, LU Wei wrote:
> Please test:
> http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=deepin
> Even if in Firefox 3.6 safe mode, page up|down and space bar does not
> function properly. What's wrong?

Try removing add-ons one by one. Firefox 3.6 works just fine
here.

David McRitchie

Feb 17, 2010, 11:25:09 PM2/17/10

"pen" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eoGdnX0fOtY5MuHW...@mozilla.org...

Really? I disabled all .css and all .js files for the webpage and then it worked
with Page Up and Page Dn, but not Space Bar , Shift+Space bar, Home and End

I tried in Safe Mode with JavaScript disabled and no luck with any of up/down
keyboard shortcuts.

Other pages appear to work so that page is probably a test page.

Firefox 3.6 on Windows 7
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

»Q«

Feb 17, 2010, 11:27:43 PM2/17/10
In <news:eoGdnX0fOtY5MuHW...@mozilla.org>,
pen <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> On 2/17/2010 9:19 PM, LU Wei wrote:
> > Please test:
> > http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=deepin
> > Even if in Firefox 3.6 safe mode, page up|down and space bar does
> > not function properly. What's wrong?
>
> Try removing add-ons one by one.

Safe mode disables all of them.

> Firefox 3.6 works just fine here.

Not here, page up|down and space don't work, even with a fresh profile
and javascript turned off. I can't see why, unfortunately.

--
»Q« /"\
ASCII Ribbon Campaign \ /

"Álvaro G. Vicario"

Feb 18, 2010, 5:19:23 AM2/18/10
El 18/02/2010 3:19, LU Wei escribió/wrote:
> Please test:
> http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=deepin
> Even if in Firefox 3.6 safe mode, page up|down and space bar does not
> function properly. What's wrong?

The problem remains even if you disable JavaScript and plugins. However,
if you remove the "float: left" property from the #topic_list selector
(using Firebug, for instance), PageUp and PageDown start working. So
it's a CSS-related issue and I would not discard it's a bug: Opera and
Chrome do not show this problem. Maybe you can try and report the site
through the appropriate item in Firefox' Help menu.

--
-- http://alvaro.es - Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Mi sitio sobre programación web: http://borrame.com

"Álvaro G. Vicario"

Feb 18, 2010, 5:35:47 AM2/18/10
El 18/02/2010 11:19, "Álvaro G. Vicario" escribió/wrote:
> Maybe you can try and report the site through the appropriate item in
> Firefox' Help menu.

Now I think about it, I suppose this link is to report broken sites, not
broken Firefox...

LU Wei

Feb 18, 2010, 7:21:38 AM2/18/10
Álvaro G. Vicario wrote on 2010-2-18 18:35:
> El 18/02/2010 11:19, "Álvaro G. Vicario" escribió/wrote:
>> Maybe you can try and report the site through the appropriate item in
>> Firefox' Help menu.
>
> Now I think about it, I suppose this link is to report broken sites, not
> broken Firefox...

Never see that "report broken site" feature; I have reported it. Still
wonder why a page (even with script disabled) could destroy the key
function.

David McRitchie

Feb 18, 2010, 9:03:07 AM2/18/10
"LU Wei" <luwe...@address.invalid> wrote in message news:hlk7gj...@luweitest.vicp.net...

When you reported it, hope you mentioned the specific items mentioned by Álvaro.

John McGaw

Feb 18, 2010, 10:11:35 AM2/18/10
On 2/17/2010 11:27 PM, »Q« wrote:
> In<news:eoGdnX0fOtY5MuHW...@mozilla.org>,
> pen<nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/17/2010 9:19 PM, LU Wei wrote:
>>> Please test:
>>> http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=deepin
>>> Even if in Firefox 3.6 safe mode, page up|down and space bar does
>>> not function properly. What's wrong?
>>
>> Try removing add-ons one by one.
>
> Safe mode disables all of them.
>
>> Firefox 3.6 works just fine here.
>
> Not here, page up|down and space don't work, even with a fresh profile
> and javascript turned off. I can't see why, unfortunately.

Same here. None of the normal key shortcuts seem to work on FF3.6. I've
seen this happen with a few other pages, often news sites, but have never
found a reason for it.

Jay Garcia

Feb 18, 2010, 10:17:39 AM2/18/10

Feb 20, 2010, 8:02:46 AM2/20/10
David McRitchie wrote on 2010-2-18 22:03:
> When you reported it, hope you mentioned the specific items mentioned
> by Álvaro.
Too late.:( Maybe I should issue a bugzilla ticket?