Automatic Update to FF 1.5.0.9

pixturesk

Dec 20, 2006, 11:26:24 PM12/20/06
Just got my automatic update to FF 1.5.0.9 without even asking me. Got
a window asking me to restart my computer. Then came the install +
compatibility verification for all my extensions. I will now wait for
the same process to update to 2.0. I am in no hurry. Mozilla obviously
offers this when they feel that a newer version is functioning properly.

us...@domain.invalid

Dec 21, 2006, 9:35:13 AM12/21/06
LOL :>) LOL!!! So true!

Leonidas Jones

Dec 21, 2006, 11:16:56 AM12/21/06

The most current plan I saw is to start pushing 2.0 through the updater
sometime in January.

Lee

The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

phoenix martyr

Dec 21, 2006, 9:20:49 PM12/21/06
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> pixturesk wrote:
>> Just got my automatic update to FF 1.5.0.9 without even asking me. Got
>> a window asking me to restart my computer. Then came the install +
>> compatibility verification for all my extensions. I will now wait for
>> the same process to update to 2.0. I am in no hurry. Mozilla obviously
>> offers this when they feel that a newer version is functioning properly.
>>

> The most current plan I saw is to start pushing 2.0 through the updater
> sometime in January.
>
> Lee

Can you update portable apps. via the automatic updates program?

Leonidas Jones

Dec 21, 2006, 9:51:32 PM12/21/06
phoenix martyr wrote:

Its not going to work Garth.

phoenix martyr

Dec 21, 2006, 10:13:25 PM12/21/06
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> phoenix martyr wrote:

>>> The most current plan I saw is to start pushing 2.0 through the
>>> updater sometime in January.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>
>> Can you update portable apps. via the automatic updates program?
>
> Its not going to work Garth.
>
> Lee

Lee,

You are the most nicest person here and I've tried to contribute to the
forum in a positive way and still people say bad things about me.

It makes me so mad at times when all I'm trying to do is make the
program(s) work better.

Take care,

Garth

Snagglepuss

Dec 21, 2006, 10:31:00 PM12/21/06
phoenix martyr wrote:
> still people say bad things about me.

no, not everyone

> It makes me so mad at times when all I'm trying to do is make the
> program(s) work better.

then ask simple questions and give simple answers. Read the posting of
others who are helping and see how they give help. Read the responding
postings by Lee, Nir and a few others. Direct and to the point answers.
*Answers that reflect the question* -- very important.

I've read some of your answer postings and a lot of them just don't make
sense. A lot of them make me say to myself: "What!!!!?" Plus you post
under one person, when it should be under someone elses.

--
"Oh! Heavens to Murgatroid. Exit, Stage Left!" -- Snagglepuss
http://www.toonopedia.com/snaggle.htm

Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup only. Thanks

Leonidas Jones

Dec 22, 2006, 2:11:41 AM12/22/06
phoenix martyr wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> phoenix martyr wrote:

/snip/

> Lee,
>
> You are the most nicest person here and I've tried to contribute to the
> forum in a positive way and still people say bad things about me.
>
> It makes me so mad at times when all I'm trying to do is make the
> program(s) work better.
>
> Take care,
>

> Garth

<sigh>

This is very much against my better judgment.

I do try, and try very hard, to be both courteous to, and respectful of,
the people who post here. I trust that people who post here either have
legitimate questions they need answered, or have some idea that might
help others.

I tried to do so with you when you first posted here. You abused that
trust. Your wild and uncontrolled posting made these groups virtually
unusable for tech support for several days.

The only way we got control back was to freeze you out.

You got some bites with your mozziebro posting. You got out of control
again. Did you notice that most of your moz flyer posts got canceled? It
wasn't me, I don't have that power.

I recall the Chinese proverb, Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice,
shame on you.

You fooled me once. I bought into it, and tried to help you. I can't
see why I should be fooled again.

Snagglepuss

Dec 22, 2006, 2:21:51 AM12/22/06
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> You got some bites with your mozziebro posting. You got out of control
> again. Did you notice that most of your moz flyer posts got canceled? It
> wasn't me, I don't have that power.

I thought postings on this server couldn't be cancelled. Who has that
power!?

Leonidas Jones

Dec 22, 2006, 2:22:58 AM12/22/06
Snagglepuss wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> You got some bites with your mozziebro posting. You got out of control
>> again. Did you notice that most of your moz flyer posts got canceled?
>> It wasn't me, I don't have that power.
>
> I thought postings on this server couldn't be cancelled. Who has that
> power!?

Those that control the server. It isn't me.

Snagglepuss

Dec 22, 2006, 2:33:37 AM12/22/06
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Snagglepuss wrote:
>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>> You got some bites with your mozziebro posting. You got out of
>>> control again. Did you notice that most of your moz flyer posts got
>>> canceled? It wasn't me, I don't have that power.
>>
>> I thought postings on this server couldn't be cancelled. Who has that
>> power!?
>>

> Those that control the server. It isn't me.
>
> Lee

So, what you're saying is that these groups ARE moderated. Are you
talking about giganews, mozilla.org/com, Gerv, Dave, Jay, or even Chris
I who has the power to removed messages?

squaredancer

Dec 22, 2006, 4:42:09 AM12/22/06
On 22/12/2006 04:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused phoenix martyr
to generate the following:? :

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> phoenix martyr wrote:

>>> Can you update portable apps. via the automatic updates program?
>>>
>> Its not going to work Garth.
>>
>> Lee
>>

> Lee,
>
> You are the most nicest person here
you repete what we all know!

> and I've tried to contribute to the
> forum in a positive way
WHEN did you try to do that??

> and still people say bad things about me.

ohhhh, poor child!

> It makes me so mad at times
we must come to the conclusion that you are not "mad at times" but
rather, you are mad - period!

> when all I'm trying to do is make the
> program(s) work better.

IF that is your case, you have been told - MANY TIMES - to use the
dev-newsgroups... do you?? NO! YOU DON'T !

reg

Leonidas Jones

Dec 22, 2006, 7:41:07 AM12/22/06
Snagglepuss wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Snagglepuss wrote:
>>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
/snip/

>> Those that control the server. It isn't me.
>>
>> Lee
>>
> So, what you're saying is that these groups ARE moderated. Are you
> talking about giganews, mozilla.org/com, Gerv, Dave, Jay, or even Chris
> I who has the power to removed messages?

All I know is that a large number of posts from the same poster were
canceled. Who and how, I don't know.

Jim

Dec 22, 2006, 9:37:41 AM12/22/06
Snagglepuss wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> You got some bites with your mozziebro posting. You got out of
>> control again. Did you notice that most of your moz flyer posts got
>> canceled? It wasn't me, I don't have that power.
>
> I thought postings on this server couldn't be cancelled. Who has that
> power!?

Only the Shadow knows............

»Q«

Dec 22, 2006, 10:19:09 AM12/22/06
Snagglepuss <heavens.to...@gmail.com> wrote in

> So, what you're saying is that these groups ARE moderated.

No, the term "moderated", when applied to newsgroups, means
something entirely different. In a moderated group, posts have to be
approved before they ever appear on the server.

For any server, it's possible for the admins to remove posts, whether
or not the group is moderated.

--
»Q«