New tab NOT becoming active tab

hand...@pimpinfinity.com

Jun 11, 2011, 2:19:55 PM6/11/11
Whenever I click Ctrl+T or press the + button for new tab it opens
new tab, BUT the new tabs doesn't become my active tab[It opens it in
background you could say]. It used to always be like that before
getting FF 5 beta 3, and still persists in FF 5 beta 5.

Any help would be grateful!

Jun 11, 2011, 4:10:18 PM6/11/11
to mozilla firefox support

i am still using;

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.17)
Gecko/20110429 Red Hat/3.6-1.el5_6 Firefox/3.6.17

tho settings should be same.

from main menu "tools > options > tabs";

[x] When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately

should be selected.

or, open "about:config", set "Filter:" to;

browser.tabs.loadinBackground

and set to 'false'.

check these links for a refresher;

http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config
http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

hth.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

****
**
**
**
So I installed Linux.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

signature.asc

Chris Ilias

Jun 12, 2011, 7:59:48 PM6/12/11

If you go to Firefox-->Help-->Restart_with_Add-ons_Disabled, does the
problem still occur? If not, the cause is probably an extension. See
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/troubleshooting%20extensions%20and%20themes>.
--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

> spielt mit

Jun 22, 2011, 10:52:20 AM6/22/11

In my case it was the 'FoxTab' add on. Disabled it - works fine again.
Thanks for the hint Sirty!