Multi-Language / special characters / Diacritics Support - Zombie Keys 2.9 released

Axel Grude

Dec 26, 2011, 8:06:27 AM12/26/11
Hi everybody who wants to get letters such as (such as å à á â ã æ â ä ā ą ạ or ǎ)

I just wanted to publicise the fact that I have just released a new version (2.9) of
Zombie Keys, and I would like to invite you all to test drive it:

It makes it easy to type non-english diacritics by using easy to remember keyboard
shortcuts or the mouse.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/zombie-keys/

Zombie Keys supports macron, ogonec and most other diacritics. I have written it
specific for this purpose (writing special language characters using easy to remember
keyboard shortcuts, or a button; without complicated cutr and past operations, or
remembering complicated codes. For the scientists, the latest version (2.9) even
supports entering greek letters!

it works in Firefox, Thunderbird, Postbox and SeaMonkey. I made sure shortcuts are
easy to remember.

its awesome.
I use it to enter umlauts on an Irish keyboard: äöü (I only pressed CTRL+SHIFT+: and
then entered the letter); I put in lots of work to support diacritics from eastern
european languages!

homepage
http://Zombiekeys.mozdev.org/index.html

Getting Started
http://Zombiekeys.mozdev.org/installation.html

Supported Keyboard Layouts
http://Zombiekeys.mozdev.org/layouts.html

supports the following keyboard layouts:
English US
English Dvorak
English UK
English Ireland
French
Italian
Russian (2.9)
Swedish (2.9)

I would really like to have a few more users, I think it deserves it as it is hugely
improved software from when you compare it to the early days (when it only supported
using the Microsoft Office shortcuts and much fewer characters on US keyboards only).

thanks for reading
Axel