Error opening FF 2.0.0.4 from desktop shortcut

1 view

brid...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2007, 10:53:53 AM6/23/07
Every time I open FF from a shortcut on the desktop, I get the
following error message:

"Windows cannot find 'http://www.-----------etc.' Make sure you typed
the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click
the Start button, then click Search. "OK"

This occurs with all such desktop shortcuts using FF as the default
browser. In a few moments, the page will open over the error
message. I must close the error message eventually. Re-booting does
not help. Thanks.

Jay Garcia

Jun 23, 2007, 11:08:20 AM6/23/07

Jun 23, 2007, 11:11:54 AM6/23/07
On 23-06-2007 16:53 CET, brid...@gmail.com composed this enchanting
statement:
see John Ollington's post on 'Start/favorites error message' (22jun07).

--
Kind regards,
Melchert

brid...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2007, 11:30:51 AM6/23/07
On Jun 23, 10:11 am, Melchert Fruitema <mel.nos...@hccnet.ppppmf>
wrote:
> On 23-06-2007 16:53 CET, bridge...@gmail.com composed this enchanting

Thanks Jay and Melchert. Deleting the following line from the
Registry seems to have fixed the problem:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTP\shell\open\ddeexec

Gene