Slow scrolling

travis...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2007, 10:31:18 PM7/6/07
I just reinstalled Windows XP on my PC and firefox suddenly is having
a terrible problem with scrolling. On any page, when I scroll, my PC's
CPU usage jumps from 2% to 100% and the scrolling becomes very slow. I
didn't have this problem before I reinstalled Windows.

I am using:
Windows XP SP2
AMD Sempron 3400+ Processor, 1.8 GHZ
896 MB RAM
Firefox 2.0.0.4

Firefox extensions:
Adblock Plus
Forcastfox
IE Tab
Talkback

Does anybody know whats going on and if there's a way to fix this? I
already tried reinstalling firefox, and that didn't help at all.

David McRitchie

Jul 6, 2007, 10:49:59 PM7/6/07

<travismick94 wrote...

> CPU usage jumps from 2% to 100% and the scrolling becomes very slow. I

You should actually test in SafeMode and with a new profile
to see if the problem is an extension. But since you posted
you might just try this first...

Try disabling Forecastfox listed in your extensions
I suspect that is the problem. Disable at Tools, Addons

Just because something is listed as fixed by Fx 2.0 at
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions
doesn't always mean that it is. Narrowing down a problem is
your first step to a solution.

Another thing to check is that all of your extensions are
up to date by checking addons.mozilla.org, which looks
like they would all be there to see that you have the latest.
If it doesn't update to the latest, then uninstall the extension
and reinstall it. Uninstalling does not change the options
you've set.

--
David McRitchie, Firefox Customizations in pictures
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/pictures.htm

travis...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2007, 11:02:35 PM7/6/07

Hey, I actually fixed it, but not with what you said. I forgot to
install one of the graphics drivers. Now it works fine. Thanks for
trying to help though.

Ron Hunter

Jul 7, 2007, 3:31:37 AM7/7/07
Remove Forecast Fox and try again.

--
Ron Hunter rphu...@charter.net

travis...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2007, 2:27:06 PM7/7/07
On Jul 7, 1:31 am, Ron Hunter <rphun...@charter.net> wrote:
> Ron Hunter rphun...@charter.net

I already fixed it, read my last post.

Ron Hunter

Jul 7, 2007, 5:24:46 PM7/7/07
Glad you found the problem. Maybe the people who had the same symptoms
and solved it with getting rid of Forecastfox could have just updated
their graphics drivers....

--
Ron Hunter rphu...@charter.net

Nathy

Jul 11, 2007, 12:04:37 PM7/11/07
> trying to help though.- Hide quoted text -

Is it possible to know how he managed to solve the problem? My
computer is also having the same Problem.