Undo Close Tab

Marty

Nov 12, 2006, 3:26:26 AM11/12/06
I had Tab Mix Plus extension installed in Firefox 2. Now I have
uninstalled it, but "Undo Close Tab" option does not appear in context
menu (shortcut key doesn't work either). Also, "History > Recently
Closed Tabs" is greyed out, even after closing some tabs.

I reinstalled Firefox but it made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Marty

Simon Bünzli

Nov 12, 2006, 3:32:15 AM11/12/06
Marty schrieb am 12.11.06 09:26:

> I had Tab Mix Plus extension installed in Firefox 2. Now I have
> uninstalled it

Uninstalling an extension (unfortunately) doesn't reset the options it
changed. You'll thus have to change them back one way or the other.

The official way:
* Reinstall Tab Mix Plus, use its Options dialog to re-enable the
built-in Session Restore functionality and reinstall it again.

The tweaky way:
* Navigate to about:config, filter for browser.sessionstore.enabled and
double-click on the appearing entry.

Cheers,
Simon

Marty

Nov 12, 2006, 4:01:37 AM11/12/06

Thank you!
Marty

Tony Mechelynck

Nov 12, 2006, 8:41:31 AM11/12/06

I suggest reinstalling Tab Mix Plus (version 0.3.5, which fully supports Fx
2.0). Why did you uninstall it? It should cure your problems.

Best regards,
Tony.

Marty

Nov 12, 2006, 1:29:38 PM11/12/06

The reason I uninstalled Tab Mix Plus is because it was causing tab
problems with a theme I am using https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1790/ .

I would rather have this wonderful theme than TMP. The only thing I used
TMP for was the "session manager" and "undo close tab" functionality.
When the Firefox extension Session Manager is updated for FF2 I will use
that instead.

Cheers,
Marty

Tony Mechelynck

Nov 12, 2006, 1:50:14 PM11/12/06
Marty wrote:
[...]

> The reason I uninstalled Tab Mix Plus is because it was causing tab
> problems with a theme I am using https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1790/ .
>
> I would rather have this wonderful theme than TMP. The only thing I used
> TMP for was the "session manager" and "undo close tab" functionality.
> When the Firefox extension Session Manager is updated for FF2 I will use
> that instead.
>
> Cheers,
> Marty

Well, I hope Simon's answer worked for you.

I use TMP for "session manager" and "undo close tab" but mostly for the
friendlier UI and for the "flowing tabs" functionality: I often have more than
100 tabs and having them flow onto several rows is the best solution for me.

I used the "Silver Skin" theme with 1.0.x but I junked it when it caused (or
increased the risk of) crashes on 1.5.x on Linux. I would rather junk a theme
than an extension.

Well, to each his choice.

Best regards,
Tony.