SuperAdBlocker Plugin?

Daddy

Jun 18, 2008, 3:00:12 PM6/18/08
Yesterday I upgraded my copy of FF 2.0.0.14 to FF 3 (on Windows XP
Home). I'm loving the new version!

I noticed that a 'SuperAdBlocker' plugin was installed. This is a
mystery to me.

I am familiar with Super AdBlocker, since I used that program years ago,
but it's been at least two years since I uninstalled it. I wasn't even
using Firefox at the time I uninstalled SAB.

SAB was certainly not installed on my copy of FF 2, which I upgraded to
FF 3, so I don't see how it got into FF 3...unless it is part of FF 3?

Even stranger: I went to the Super AdBlocker web site. They make no
mention of a plugin for Firefox! And I could find no such plugin at Mozilla.

I do use the AdBlock extension, but surely this is not the same as Super
AdBlocker?

So, what the heck do I have here - does anyone else have this plugin? Is
it part of FF 3? How can I get rid of this plugin?

Thanks for your help.

Daddy

Moz Champion (Dan)

Jun 18, 2008, 5:01:08 PM6/18/08

Which site did you download from? Some sites are offering copies of
Firefox 3 pre-loaded with their own selection of plug-ins/add-ons.

Firefox 3 does not come with SuperAdblocker either plug in or add-on.

Ron K.

Jun 18, 2008, 5:24:04 PM6/18/08
Daddy keyboarded, On 6/18/2008 3:00 PM :

There is a hidden preference You can check with about:config. Filter on
application.use_ns_plugin_finder and toggle to false if set true. This
disables searching your file system for any instance of plugin files
when they may reside in an applications own folder tree.

--
Ron K.

Daddy

Jun 18, 2008, 6:44:18 PM6/18/08

I downloaded Firefox directly from Mozilla.

However I ended up with this plugin, I now know how to remove it, and
that's while I'll do.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Daddy