plugin container.exe in running process's

maxo...@yahoo.com

Nov 16, 2010, 4:23:30 AM11/16/10
OK every time i start Firefox and go to face-book or a lot of other
sites this plug-in container.exe is in task manager under running
process's.
well i don't like the plug-in sucking up my memory.
if u guys add this to ff i don't want it. how do i get rid of this
plug-in.

if this can not be removed ill uninstall ff find another browser to
use.
i thought this Firefox browser was suppose to be fast/safer and use
less memory.

Christoph Schmees

Nov 16, 2010, 5:14:32 AM11/16/10
maxo...@yahoo.com schrieb:

AFAIK it is not FF's fault but Adobes. The culprit may well be
the famous flash player. If you want to stop the widespread
misuse of flash by inapt web designers, you may employ several
helpers: NoScript, Flashblock, Adblock-plus, ...

Christoph

--
email:
nurfuerspam -> gmx

Ralph Fox

Nov 16, 2010, 5:34:59 AM11/16/10
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 01:23:30 -0800 (PST), in message <d3fb0e38-6d15-484e...@v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>
maxo...@yahoo.com wrote:

> OK every time i start Firefox and go to face-book or a lot of other
> sites this plug-in container.exe is in task manager under running
> process's.
> well i don't like the plug-in sucking up my memory.

The plugin-container is only doing a job which Firefox would
otherwise have to do itself. IIRC you can disable it, but then
Firefox is going to have to do job itself and use the memory
itself.

If you really truly do need to save memory, uninstall all of your
Firefox plugins which you see listed at "Tools >> Add-Ons >> Plugins".
What disabling plugin-container will do is transfer the memory
consumed by these plugins from plugin-container.exe to Firefox.exe.

> if u guys add this to ff i don't want it. how do i get rid of this
> plug-in.

What is this "u guys add this"? This is a user-to-user newsgroup.

The plugin-container can be disabled, as has been discussed in
earlier threads. I don't have the link in front of me, but you can
look it up yourself from the Google Groups Advanced Search here:
http://groups.google.com/groups/advanced_search?num=30&q=%22plugin-container%22+group:mozilla.support.firefox

> if this can not be removed ill uninstall ff find another browser to
> use.

This is a user-to-user support group, not a company sales department.
I don't expect the Firefox users in here are making money from you
using Firefox. so I don't expect this "threat" to do much.

> i thought this Firefox browser was suppose to be fast/safer and use
> less memory.

This is a user-to-user support group, not a company marketing department.

--
Regards
Ralph

Tarkus

Nov 16, 2010, 10:02:01 AM11/16/10
On 11/16/2010 1:23 AM, maxo...@yahoo.com wrote:
> OK every time i start Firefox and go to face-book or a lot of other
> sites this plug-in container.exe is in task manager under running
> process's.
> well i don't like the plug-in sucking up my memory.
> if u guys add this to ff i don't want it. how do i get rid of this
> plug-in.
>
> if this can not be removed ill uninstall ff find another browser to
> use.

Let me know if you find one that can magically use plugins without them
taking up any memory.

Ed Mullen

Nov 16, 2010, 11:28:36 AM11/16/10

It's there to prevent plugins from crashing Firefox.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/What+is+plugin-container

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Reverend Ozone

Nov 16, 2010, 11:29:50 AM11/16/10
On 11/16/2010 04:34, Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 01:23:30 -0800 (PST), in message<d3fb0e38-6d15-484e...@v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>
> maxo...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> if u guys add this to ff i don't want it. how do i get rid of this
>> plug-in.
>
> What is this "u guys add this"? This is a user-to-user newsgroup.

P.S. We also speak English here. "u" is NOT a pronoun.

--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Reverend Ozone

Nov 16, 2010, 11:36:37 AM11/16/10
On 11/16/2010 04:34, Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 01:23:30 -0800 (PST), in message<d3fb0e38-6d15-484e...@v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>
> maxo...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> if u guys add this to ff i don't want it. how do i get rid of this
>> plug-in.
>
> What is this "u guys add this"? This is a user-to-user newsgroup.

We also speak English here.

"u" is NOT a pronoun, nor does one (ever) use an apostrophe to indicate
a plural, "process's". It's "processes".

Apostrophes are primarily for possessives and contractions.

Thus endeth the lesson.

--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" (and proud
"grammar/spelling "nazi")

Reverend Ozone

Nov 16, 2010, 11:39:10 AM11/16/10
On 11/16/2010 04:34, Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 01:23:30 -0800 (PST), in message<d3fb0e38-6d15-484e...@v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>
> maxo...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> if u guys add this to ff i don't want it. how do i get rid of this
>> plug-in.
>
> What is this "u guys add this"? This is a user-to-user newsgroup.

We also speak English here.

"u" is NOT a pronoun, nor does one (ever) use an apostrophe to indicate
a plural, "process's". It's "processes".

Apostrophes are primarily for possessives and contractions.

Thus endeth the lesson.

--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" (and proud

spelling/grammar "nazi" on an as-needed basis)

maxo...@yahoo.com

Nov 16, 2010, 12:11:01 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 10:29 am, Reverend Ozone <RDWel...@RCN.ohnoyoudont.com>
wrote:

> On 11/16/2010 04:34, Ralph Fox wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 01:23:30 -0800 (PST), in message<d3fb0e38-6d15-484e-bac6-0cd570a9d...@v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>
> > maxon...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >> if u guys add this to ff i don't want it. how do i get rid of this
> >> plug-in.
>
> > What is this "u guys add this"?  This is a user-to-user newsgroup.
>
> P.S.  We also speak English here.  "u" is NOT a pronoun.

Sry to say ppl use the letter U=you on internet, Reverend Ozone u
should already know this.

did u understand my msg if so then U works fine. this is the internet
i don't have to type everything perfect. It is called shorthand
internet typing.
I can care less if u" is NOT a pronoun. Letter U is not a English
letter last i looked it was.

As the rest of u all thx for the help :)

Jay Garcia

Nov 16, 2010, 12:15:57 PM11/16/10

Nov 16, 2010, 12:17:57 PM11/16/10
On 16.11.2010 10:39, Reverend Ozone wrote:

>> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 01:23:30 -0800 (PST), in
>> message<d3fb0e38-6d15-484e...@v19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>
>>
>> maxo...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>> if u guys add this to ff i don't want it. how do i get rid of this
>>> plug-in.
>>
>> What is this "u guys add this"? This is a user-to-user newsgroup.
>
> We also speak English here.
>
> "u" is NOT a pronoun, nor does one (ever) use an apostrophe to indicate
> a plural, "process's". It's "processes".
>
> Apostrophes are primarily for possessives and contractions.
>
> Thus endeth the lesson.

The only "lessons" preached here are support issues and problems, not
grammar or spelling lessons. Support is given regardless of posting
habits, etc.

Followup set to .general

Keith Nuttle

Nov 16, 2010, 12:25:19 PM11/16/10

It has been tried in the past to simplify the language down to a series
of constants or single letters. It was found that you must have
characters represent both constants and vowels to accurately convey the
word. Those early attempts was early Iberian, Hebrew and some early
northern European alphabets.

Let us not go through what history has proven to be an inadequate to
communicate ideas.

ftr

Nov 16, 2010, 1:29:47 PM11/16/10

You understand getting help here depends on the good will of the
voluntary contributors. There is no obligation, no contract, just noting
that obliges anyone here to help anyone else. Only good humour and an
interest in having other Firefox users living a good experience, and in
learning. Because you learn by helping.

So, if you want to get help you might consider to accept the unwritten
rules of the news group. And people like a minimum of politeness and of
correct language. This is not a college or an entry class in university.

Thanks for your understanding.

Was your problem solved ?

- ftr

EE

Nov 16, 2010, 1:30:17 PM11/16/10
On 2010/11/16 9:28, Ed Mullen wrote:
> maxo...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> OK every time i start Firefox and go to face-book or a lot of other
>> sites this plug-in container.exe is in task manager under running
>> process's.
>> well i don't like the plug-in sucking up my memory.
>> if u guys add this to ff i don't want it. how do i get rid of this
>> plug-in.
>>
>> if this can not be removed ill uninstall ff find another browser to
>> use.
>> i thought this Firefox browser was suppose to be fast/safer and use
>> less memory.
>
> It's there to prevent plugins from crashing Firefox.
>
> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/What+is+plugin-container

It is a shame that the plugin container is much more likely to crash
than Firefox ever was. I had to disable its use with the Real Media
plugins.

Chris Ilias

Nov 16, 2010, 2:48:06 PM11/16/10
On 10-11-16 1:29 PM, ftr wrote:
> You understand getting help here depends on the good will of the
> voluntary contributors. There is no obligation, no contract, just noting
> that obliges anyone here to help anyone else. Only good humour and an
> interest in having other Firefox users living a good experience, and in
> learning. Because you learn by helping.
>
> So, if you want to get help you might consider to accept the unwritten
> rules of the news group. And people like a minimum of politeness and of
> correct language. This is not a college or an entry class in university.
>
> Thanks for your understanding.

It would be best if most people stop acting as pseudo-moderators
referencing made up unwritten rules, and stick to what they are here for
- to help people. That's why this forum exists.

Being a volunteer is not an excuse to be mean to anyone in any Mozilla
forum. We have written rules at
<http://www.mozilla.org/about/forums/etiquette.html>.
The first one is "be civil" and the third one is "be kind to newcomers".
This is especially true in user support forums. People come here when
they are having a problem with Firefox; we should expect a certain
amount of frustration to begin with.

Nitpicking about "u" vs "you" is a waste of time and doesn't help the user.

Having said all that, everyone gets in a bad mood every once in a while,
so the occasional meanness might happen. Just remember to apologize.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Ron Hunter

Nov 16, 2010, 3:18:03 PM11/16/10
Only a few plugins are actually set up to use the plugin container. It
is pretty much like what Google Chrome does with plugins. It is an
attempt to separate the crash of a plugin from taking Firefox down with
it. Yes, it takes RAM, and yet, the plugin MAY crash, but I haven't
seen it take Firefox down, yet.

Chris Ilias

Nov 16, 2010, 3:32:13 PM11/16/10

According to the URL provided by Ed
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/What+is+plugin-container>, Real
Media is not supported by plugin-container. Did you first try to enable
it on Real Media?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Pete Holsberg

Nov 16, 2010, 7:16:25 PM11/16/10
to Firefox help community
ENOUGH ALREADY!!! If a person's request for help confuses you, IGNORE IT!!

Life is too short for this s**t!!

FredW, go stand in the corner.

Can we get back to "Firefox help community"??

FredW has written on 11/16/2010 5:16 PM:

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish...
-- Euripides

maxo...@yahoo.com

Nov 16, 2010, 10:30:22 PM11/16/10

> Sry to say ppl use the letter  U=you on internet, Reverend Ozone u
> should already know this.
>
> did u understand my msg if so then U works fine. this is the internet
> i don't have to type everything perfect. It is called shorthand
> internet typing.
> I can care less if u" is NOT a pronoun. Letter U is not a English
> letter last i looked it was.
>
> As the rest of u all thx for the help :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Was the starting thread understandable? This is to all the people
complaining a bout my internet English].

Sry this how i type im use to it im not going to change for any1.
Don't like it then don't reply to any of my threads it's simple as
that. So many fussy people that have nothing better to do but
criticize a person who ask a simple question.

To all the people that help me thanks for Ur time and effort.

maxo...@yahoo.com

Nov 16, 2010, 10:44:36 PM11/16/10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come to think of it im really sry for even bother coming to this
forums. So many whiners it is sad.. Just so all u whiners know u don't
always get want u want in life. this not a perfect world and never
will be perfect.

And again i think u all that help me an defend my typing too im
greatly respectful for the help.

I doubt I'll ever come here to post a thread again.

Jay Garcia

Nov 17, 2010, 12:00:06 AM11/17/10

Nov 17, 2010, 1:42:56 AM11/17/10

Now, now, leave the illiterate alone!

Now before people start coming down on me, realize that illiterate
means "not able to read or write" and it's clear that this guy can't
write. So I am using the word in proper usage. If you wish to see it
as offensive then that's your doing!

The amazing part is that this illiterate defends his illiteracy and
seems to wear is as a badge of honor. Such is the case with the up and
coming internet generation ("Internet English"? That's a new one on
me). They can't be bothered with learning the rules of capitalization
nor punctuation. Those are too much of a bother! No, no you should do
all of the work to figure out (read "guess") what he meant. I can only
find solace in realization that people like this must battle with
computers all the time since computers, unlike some people, will not
guess what you mean but do exactly what you say (and often just fail
if you cannot communicate properly).

And so I leave you with this. It is where we are headed...

Here is a plan on how to make the English Language more consisent

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be
replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be
part of the alphabet.

The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch"
formation, which will be dealt with later.

Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take
the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it
with "i" and iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.

Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with
iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and iears 6-12 or so
modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants.

Bai iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi
ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the
maindz ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a
lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

Dave Symes

Nov 17, 2010, 1:52:11 AM11/17/10
In article <u5OdnRm7scfL_H7R...@mozilla.org>,
Jay Garcia <J...@JayNOSPAMGarcia.com> wrote:
[Snippy]

> You communicate any way you want, that's not an issue. What IS an issue
> is by doing it your way "may" not be understandable to some folks,
> especially those where English isn't their first language and can help
> because they are aware of the problems and can help with an answer. If
> you want help then make it easy for all of the peer support volunteers.

> You are welcome to post here. You can post anyway you desire but if you
> make it difficult for support folks to help then you may not get the
> help you need.

There is a phrase/idiom most applicable in these situations, particularly
when asking for advice/help. ;-)

Horses for Courses.

Or even possibly, When in Rome...

Dave

--

Dave Triffid

goodwin

Nov 17, 2010, 7:28:22 AM11/17/10
On 11/16/2010 10:42 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

<snip>

> Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a
> lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

clever. very clever..

Andrew DeFaria

Nov 17, 2010, 8:31:24 AM11/17/10
On Nov 16, 1:29 pm, ftr <non...@invalid.org> wrote:

I gotta love it when this guy emails me personally to say about my
recent post:

> excellent, where did you find it?
>
> - ftr

with his wonderful email address of <non...@invalid.org> and no way
for me to figure out how to respond to his question.

Brilliant! Just brilliant!

EE

Nov 17, 2010, 12:43:40 PM11/17/10
On 2010/11/16 13:32, Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 10-11-16 1:30 PM, EE wrote:
>> On 2010/11/16 9:28, Ed Mullen wrote:
>>> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/What+is+plugin-container
>>
>> It is a shame that the plugin container is much more likely to crash
>> than Firefox ever was. I had to disable its use with the Real Media
>> plugins.
>
> According to the URL provided by Ed
> <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/What+is+plugin-container>, Real
> Media is not supported by plugin-container. Did you first try to enable
> it on Real Media?

Apparently, the default was for the plugin container to be used with it.
I added settings to disable that, and the result is much better
(although not perfect - Real video does not seem to be handled very well
by Firefox with plugins; I have to right-click the audio bar and choose
"Play with Real Player" to see video).

Chris Ilias

Nov 17, 2010, 1:50:35 PM11/17/10

It's not really a matter of opinion; Crash Protection is not offered for
Real Media. :-)
What settings did you add? You headers say that you're on Mac 10.4. The
only versions of Firefox for Mac that even include the Crash Protection
feature are Firefox 4.

ubiquity

Nov 17, 2010, 9:24:30 PM11/17/10
Chris Ilias wrote:

> Being a volunteer is not an excuse to be mean to anyone in any Mozilla
> forum. We have written rules at
> <http://www.mozilla.org/about/forums/etiquette.html>.
> The first one is "be civil"

oh WOW!!!! Is that supposed to be hilarious or something!? That coming
from you. What an oxymoronic statement, especially from a moderator.
Why don't you apologize to all the people you've pissed off over the
last several years. Maybe some of them will come back!

FU to the General

EE

Nov 18, 2010, 1:38:24 PM11/18/10
I am posting with a Mac, but I also have a Windows PC. There is no
plugin container for Mac Firefox with the current official release
version. As a matter of fact, I get only an audio bar with Real Media
with Mac Firefox as well if a plugin is used.

Chris Ilias

Nov 18, 2010, 2:08:54 PM11/18/10
On 10-11-18 1:38 PM, EE wrote:
> On 2010/11/17 11:50, Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 10-11-17 12:43 PM, EE wrote:
>>
>>> Apparently, the default was for the plugin container to be used with it.
>>> I added settings to disable that, and the result is much better
>>> (although not perfect - Real video does not seem to be handled very well
>>> by Firefox with plugins; I have to right-click the audio bar and choose
>>> "Play with Real Player" to see video).
>>
>> It's not really a matter of opinion; Crash Protection is not offered for
>> Real Media. :-)
>> What settings did you add? You headers say that you're on Mac 10.4. The
>> only versions of Firefox for Mac that even include the Crash Protection
>> feature are Firefox 4.
>
> I am posting with a Mac, but I also have a Windows PC.

So what setting did you add? :-)

EE

Nov 19, 2010, 2:28:17 PM11/19/10
dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.nppl3260.dll - set to false
dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.nprpjplug.dll - set to false

P. Taine

May 14, 2013, 4:18:14 PM5/14/13
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:42:56 -0800 (PST), Andrew DeFaria <adef...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hey! what about those of us who speak the dialect that distiguished between
"wen"/"when", "wail"/"whale", etc.???

Keith Nuttle

May 14, 2013, 5:16:44 PM5/14/13
Don't worry about it it took thousands of years, to develop alphabets
that had sufficient vowels and constants to express the sound in most
languages, and one about 10 years for this generation to try to destroy it

The think Yew, ewe, and you are all u and don't realize there is a
difference.

Mark Filipak

May 14, 2013, 5:32:24 PM5/14/13
to support...@lists.mozilla.org
Where is Chris Ilias when we need him most?
--
The Insect Hall of Fame:
Thunderbird Bug 121947 - 11 years and counting.