Where has my bookmarks toolbar gone?

John Stolz

Dec 8, 2007, 11:43:15 AM12/8/07
I installed Adblock (which is nice) but my bookmarks toolbar is empty -
its there, but empty. I can see all the bookmarks in Bookmarks/organise
Bookmarks/Bookmarks Toolbar Folder, and they work when I sho the
bookmarks and click on one, but they've disappeared from the Toolbar

Somebody put me straight?

David McRitchie

Dec 8, 2007, 2:24:26 PM12/8/07
"John Stolz" ...

Bookmarks bar not present
View, toolbars, bookmarks
(hide then show to make sure it is bookmarks bar)

Bookmarks bar present, but no bookmarks
View, toolbars, customize
you should see a folder or "Bookmarks Toolbar Items"
if you don't then drag what you see to customize, then drag
"Bookmarks" from customize back to the bookmarks toolbar
Exit customize

The bookmarks bar is a portion of your bookmarks, the
normal folder is "Personal Toolbar Folder" which you should
see in Bookmarks (menu), Organize bookmarks
and there should only be one folder of that name. Multiple
imports of bookmarks would create duplicate folders.
Also use about:config filter on: personal
you should see the following with no string value or "Personal Toolbar Folder"
custtoolbar.personal_toolbar_folder
any other value and your personal bookmarks are in that folder.

Still not working would suspect a user installed theme
Tools, Add-ons, Themes
Default theme is no problem,
disable a user installed theme if present, and restart Firefox

Still not working then take a screenshot of your toolbars, then
with Firefox down delete localstore.rdf out of your profile,
or you can do same using using Safe Mode
see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
Restart Firefox
You will have to recustomize your toolbars view, toolbars, customize
and you proably want the small icons choice at bottom of customize.
--
HTH,
David McRitchie,