trojan horse in Firefox ?

Roland Burger

Sep 19, 2006, 2:30:30 AM9/19/06

AVG informed me that I have got a trojan horse PSW.Generic2.ILX which is in
C:\programs\MozillaFirefox 2 Beta\xpicleanup.exe!

--
Best regards,
Roland

n.va...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2006, 2:40:46 AM9/19/06

Hi There,

I too have seen this through AVG. Exactly the same virus in exactly the
same location. Got to be a dodgy virus definition surely?

Nick.

Roland Burger

Sep 19, 2006, 3:07:05 AM9/19/06
Am Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:30:30 +0200 schrieb Roland Burger:

> Hi,
>
> AVG informed me that I have got a trojan horse PSW.Generic2.ILX which is in
> C:\programs\MozillaFirefox 2 Beta\xpicleanup.exe!

correcture: ...\MozillaFirefox 2 Beta 2\...

--
Best regards
Roland

Chris Ilias

Sep 19, 2006, 3:13:15 AM9/19/06
_Roland Burger_ spoke thusly on 19/09/2006 2:30 AM:

> AVG informed me that I have got a trojan horse PSW.Generic2.ILX which is in
> C:\programs\MozillaFirefox 2 Beta\xpicleanup.exe!

Update AVG.
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

n.va...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2006, 4:15:31 AM9/19/06

> Update AVG.

Actually my AVG is running the latest software & virus database. I've
now deleted the file in question and will uninstall Beta 2.

Charlie Drake

Sep 19, 2006, 4:33:43 AM9/19/06
n.va...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Update AVG.

Getting the same result from the nightly build of Fx 2 RC1, I'm also
running AVG with the latest update 268.12.5/450 Release date 18/09/06 15:20

Charlie

Chris Ilias

Sep 19, 2006, 4:46:48 AM9/19/06
_n.va...@gmail.com_ spoke thusly on 19/09/2006 4:15 AM:

>> Update AVG.
>
> Actually my AVG is running the latest software & virus database. I've
> now deleted the file in question and will uninstall Beta 2.

It's definitely a false positive. You should contact the folks at AVG.

Jay Garcia

Sep 19, 2006, 9:50:16 AM9/19/06
On 19.09.2006 03:46, Chris Ilias wrote:

>> Actually my AVG is running the latest software & virus database. I've
>> now deleted the file in question and will uninstall Beta 2.
>
> It's definitely a false positive. You should contact the folks at AVG.

Agreed. I didn't get any warning from Kaspersky and it updates itself
automatically every hour.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Nir

Sep 19, 2006, 10:01:55 AM9/19/06
Roland Burger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> AVG informed me that I have got a trojan horse PSW.Generic2.ILX which is in
> C:\programs\MozillaFirefox 2 Beta\xpicleanup.exe!

at
'http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Virus+Encyclopaedia/lng/us/tpl/tpl01'
( AVG Virus Encyclopedia ) i have tried to search about this
trojan 'PSW.Generic2.ILX' , but it doesn't show any info about
this trojan
Althogh i suggest you , start your computer in safe mode , perform
a full system scan. probably this trojan use to infect .exe files.

Roland Burger

Sep 19, 2006, 11:48:49 AM9/19/06
Am Tue, 19 Sep 2006 03:13:15 -0400 schrieb Chris Ilias:

> _Roland Burger_ spoke thusly on 19/09/2006 2:30 AM:
>> AVG informed me that I have got a trojan horse PSW.Generic2.ILX which is in
>> C:\programs\MozillaFirefox 2 Beta\xpicleanup.exe!
>
> Update AVG.

I have always the newest updates!!!

--
Best regards,
Roland

n.va...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2006, 5:38:32 AM9/20/06
AVG say they have released an updated virus definition db which fixes
this issue.

Cheers,

Nick.