Passwords and other bugs in FF4

Darin Stoykov

Nov 13, 2010, 3:00:16 AM11/13/10
to support...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello all,

I have some questions regarding FF4, but the issues were also in FF3.6.

1. Passwords:
In previous versions of FF (3.0) the "remember passwords" options worked
smoothly - prompted for remembering passes for new sites, prompted for
saving updated passwords, etc. Somehow this did not worked in FF3.6 and does
not work in FF4 either. I am not using master password now, but I do not
believe that turning it on will fix the problem. Can I have a help here on
that, please?

2. Flash and mouse pointer
FF3.5 and above turned to have a huge issue with flash objects and embedded
videos in websites. Once the mouse pointer is on such an object, the scroll
stops and there is nothing you can do to scroll down or up. One should move
the mouse to other part of the site if one wants to scroll. Same issue and
in FF4, especially with youtube

Thanks in advance,
Darin

Ron Hunter

Nov 13, 2010, 3:38:39 AM11/13/10

I have not seen the problem you mention about passwords. Mine work as
normal, and I don't use a master password.

It is true that you can't scroll the screen while the mouse pointer in
within the Flash controlled part of the screen, but then I suspect that
is what is intended by the Flash app.

Chris Ilias

Nov 13, 2010, 12:37:25 PM11/13/10
On 10-11-13 3:00 AM, Darin Stoykov wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have some questions regarding FF4, but the issues were also in FF3.6.
>
> 1. Passwords:
> In previous versions of FF (3.0) the "remember passwords" options worked
> smoothly - prompted for remembering passes for new sites, prompted for
> saving updated passwords, etc. Somehow this did not worked in FF3.6 and does
> not work in FF4 either. I am not using master password now, but I do not
> believe that turning it on will fix the problem. Can I have a help here on
> that, please?

When you enter a password in Firefox 3.6, you should get a yellow bar at
the top of the content area, asking if you want to remember the password.
Screenshot at <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Remembering+passwords>.

In Firefox 4, it appears like a doorhanger from the location bar.
Screenshot: <http://ilias.ca/screenshots/fx4-passwordprompt.png>.

If it's not appearing, go to Tools-->Options-->Security and make sure
"Remember passwords for sites" is check marked.
If it already is check marked, beside it click on [Exceptions], and
remove any entries for the sites that you're having trouble with.

If that still doesn't do it, we'll need some more info about your
Firefox setup. Go to Help-->Troubleshooting_Information, then click
[Copy all to Clipboard]. Open a reply to this post, and go to
Edit-->Paste to paste the info from your Troubleshooting Information page.

> 2. Flash and mouse pointer
> FF3.5 and above turned to have a huge issue with flash objects and embedded
> videos in websites. Once the mouse pointer is on such an object, the scroll
> stops and there is nothing you can do to scroll down or up. One should move
> the mouse to other part of the site if one wants to scroll. Same issue and
> in FF4, especially with youtube

I cannot duplicate that issue here. Try updating Flash to the latest
version. <http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer>

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Darin Stoykov

Nov 14, 2010, 2:55:53 AM11/14/10
to Firefox help community

Here is the info from the clipboard, hope it helps.

Application Basics Name Firefox Version 4.0b7 User Agent Mozilla/5.0
(Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7 Profile
Directory Open
Containing Folder Enabled Plugins about:plugins Build Configuration
about:buildconfig Extensions Name Version Enabled ID QipCounter1.0
falseQi...@qip.ruAlexa Toolbar1.54...@alexa.comForecastfox
Weather2.0.2true{0538E3E3-7E9B-4d49-8831-A227C80A7AD3}QipAuthorizer1.1false
{32a1fd71-835e-4b11-8e54-886fda0b4c89}NewsFox1.0.5false
{899DF1F8-2F43-4394-8315-37F6744E6319}DownloadHelper4.8.1true
{b9db16a4-6edc-47ec-a1f4-b86292ed211d}Feedback1.0.3true
test...@labs.mozilla.comJava Console6.0.22true
{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0022-ABCDEFFEDCBA}AVG Safe Search9.0.0.863false
{3f963a5b-e555-4543-90e2-c3908898db71}Java Quick Starter1...@sun.com
Status-4-Evar2010.10...@caligonstudios.com Modified
Preferences Name Value accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar0
browser.history_expire_days.mirror180browser.places.importBookmarksHTMLfalse
browser.places.importDefaultsfalsebrowser.places.leftPaneFolderId-1
browser.places.migratePostDataAnnotationsfalse
browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion2browser.places.updateRecentTagsUrifalse
browser.startup.homepageabout:blankbrowser.startup.homepage_override.buildID
20101104131838browser.startup.homepage_override.mstonerv:2.0b7
dom.max_script_run_time20extensions.lastAppVersion4.0b7
general.useragent.extra.ALX_NS_PHAlexaToolbar/alxf-1.54
general.useragent.extra.anttoolbarAnt.com Toolbar 2.0.1keyword.URL
http://search.qip.ru/search?from=FF&query=network.cookie.prefsMigratedtrue
places.history.enabledfalse
places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages64148places.last_vacuum
1282808672print.print_printer\\http://192.168.10.55\unknownprint.printer_\\
http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_bgcolorfalseprint.printer_\\
http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_bgimagesfalseprint.printer_\\
http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_command
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_downloadfontsfalse
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_edge_bottom0
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_edge_left0
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_edge_right0
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_edge_top0print.printer_\\
http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_evenpagestrueprint.printer_\\
http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_footercenter
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_footerleft&PT
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_footerright&D
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_headercenter
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_headerleft&T
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_headerright&U
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_in_colortrue
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_margin_bottom0.5
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_margin_left0.5
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_margin_right0.5
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_margin_top0.5
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_oddpagestrue
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_orientation0
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_pagedelay500
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_paper_data9
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_paper_height 11,00
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_paper_size_type0
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_paper_size_unit1
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_paper_width 8,50
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_reversedfalse
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_scaling 1,00
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_shrink_to_fittrue
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_to_filefalse
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_unwriteable_margin_bottom
0print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_unwriteable_margin_left0
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_unwriteable_margin_right0
print.printer_\\http://192.168.10.55\unknown.print_unwriteable_margin_top0
privacy.clearOnShutdown.cookiesfalseprivacy.cpd.cookiesfalse
privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefstrueprivacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdowntrue
security.warn_viewing_mixedfalse Graphics Adapter DescriptionMobile
Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset FamilyVendor ID8086Device ID2a12Adapter RAM
UnknownAdapter Driversigxprd32Driver Version6.14.10.4873Driver
Date9-18-2007Direct2D
EnabledBlocked on your graphics card because of unresolved driver
issues.DirectWrite
EnabledfalseGPU Accelerated Windows0/1

> 2. Flash and mouse pointer
>> FF3.5 and above turned to have a huge issue with flash objects and
>> embedded
>> videos in websites. Once the mouse pointer is on such an object, the
>> scroll
>> stops and there is nothing you can do to scroll down or up. One should
>> move
>> the mouse to other part of the site if one wants to scroll. Same issue and
>> in FF4, especially with youtube
>>

> I cannot duplicate that issue here. Try updating Flash to the latest
> version. <http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer>
>
> --
> Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Chris Ilias

Nov 14, 2010, 12:06:29 PM11/14/10

Oh wow, the lack of line wrap makes that unreadable. Try pasting it to
<http://pastebin.mozilla.org/>, then post the link.

Darin Stoykov

Nov 15, 2010, 12:53:24 AM11/15/10
to Firefox help community

Here it is
http://pastebin.mozilla.org/852218

Cheers,
Darin

Chris Ilias

Nov 15, 2010, 1:20:09 PM11/15/10
On 10-11-15 12:53 AM, Darin Stoykov wrote:
> Here it is
> http://pastebin.mozilla.org/852218

Right now, I'm guessing that it is caused by either "Alexa Toolbar",
"QipAuthorizer", or "AVG Safe Search".

You can test this by going to Help-->Restart_with_Add-ons_Disabled.
Then try a site that requires a password, like gmail.com.

Darin Stoykov

Nov 16, 2010, 8:14:29 AM11/16/10
to Firefox help community
OK, did that, now the password thing is back to normal. Thanks for the help

The problem with video files still remains :(

Chris Ilias

Nov 16, 2010, 3:07:39 PM11/16/10
On 10-11-16 8:14 AM, Darin Stoykov wrote:
> OK, did that, now the password thing is back to normal. Thanks for the help
>
> The problem with video files still remains :(

> On 15 November 2010 20:20, Chris Ilias<nm...@ilias.ca> wrote:
>
>> On 10-11-15 12:53 AM, Darin Stoykov wrote:
>>
>>> Here it is
>>> http://pastebin.mozilla.org/852218
>>>

>> Right now, I'm guessing that it is caused by either "Alexa Toolbar",
>> "QipAuthorizer", or "AVG Safe Search".
>>
>> You can test this by going to Help-->Restart_with_Add-ons_Disabled.
>> Then try a site that requires a password, like gmail.com.

That's great; but did you mean that "Restart with Add-ons Disabled"
fixed, or that you found the add-on that was causing the problem?

"Restart with Add-ons Disabled" just starts Firefox in Safe Mode. The
next time you start Firefox, it will start in normal mode. If the
problem doesn't exist with add-ons disabled, you can use the
instructions at
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Troubleshooting+extensions+and+themes>
to help find out which add-on was causing the problem.

If you know which add-on it was, please tell us, so the next person that
comes along with the same problem can get help quicker.

Darin Stoykov

Nov 17, 2010, 1:59:33 AM11/17/10
to Firefox help community

In my opinion it was the qip toolbar. It kind of slipped when I was
searching for a IM client to combine ICQ and twitter, which qip provides in
it latest version. Now when the whole program is out of the system and the
plugin is disabled, FF works like magic (as usual)