I try to print this page

Howard Brazee

Jul 19, 2007, 10:43:22 PM7/19/07
I try to print this page from Firefox, and Firefox locks up on two
different computers and has to be killed.

http://www.comcast.com/corporate/customers/customer_support/remotes.html

I can print it from Opera.

Message has been deleted

The Real Bev

Jul 20, 2007, 11:14:09 PM7/20/07
Alan G wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:43:22 -0600, Howard Brazee <how...@brazee.net>
> wrote in part:

> Interesting... Print Preview hangs as well.

I didn't actually try to print it, but print preview worked fine in
2.0.0.5/linux.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting
them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for
no good reason. - Jack Handy

Ralph Fox

Jul 21, 2007, 2:48:47 AM7/21/07
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:05:45 -0400, in message <dl51a39pmljqaa4pc...@4ax.com>,
Alan G wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:43:22 -0600, Howard Brazee <how...@brazee.net>
> wrote in part:
>

> Interesting... Print Preview hangs as well.

Print preview has no problems here.
Tested both Firefox 2.0.0.4/Windows and Firefox 2.0.0.5/Windows.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Alex K.

Jul 21, 2007, 3:42:06 AM7/21/07

I'm curious, do you have any extensions installed? If so, can you list
them?

I tried my normal profile, safe-mode, & a clean test profile, and each
time FF locked up when trying to do Print Preview, using FF 2.0.0.5 &
WinXP Home SP2.

While using my test profile, I tried both the 'Shrink to fit' and '100%'
scale settings, but it made no difference, FF still locked up.

--
Alex K.

Ralph Fox

Jul 21, 2007, 11:29:48 AM7/21/07
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 03:42:06 -0400, in message <6fSdnfTGquZPJTzb...@mozilla.org>,
Alex K. wrote:

> Ralph Fox wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:05:45 -0400, in message <dl51a39pmljqaa4pc...@4ax.com>,
> > Alan G wrote:

> >> Interesting... Print Preview hangs as well.
> >

> > Print preview has no problems here.
> > Tested both Firefox 2.0.0.4/Windows and Firefox 2.0.0.5/Windows.
>
> I'm curious, do you have any extensions installed? If so, can you list
> them?

• DOM Inspector 1.8.1.5
• Javascript Debugger 0.9.87
• Live HTTP Headers 0.13.1
• Mozilla Archive Format 0.6.3 (version not compatible; automatically disabled)
• Talkback 2.0.0.5
• User Agent Switcher 0.6.10

> I tried my normal profile, safe-mode, & a clean test profile, and each
> time FF locked up when trying to do Print Preview, using FF 2.0.0.5 &
> WinXP Home SP2.

It might possibly be printer driver related.
Test it with another printer driver -- such as "Generic Text only"***.

IME Firefox remembers which printer it last used, so simply
changing your default printer is not enough.

*** IMO "Generic Text only" is always useful to have around,
for converting anything to plain text using "print to file".

> While using my test profile, I tried both the 'Shrink to fit' and '100%'
> scale settings, but it made no difference, FF still locked up.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

UnderDog

Jul 21, 2007, 12:04:11 PM7/21/07
"Howard Brazee" <how...@brazee.net> wrote in message

The main page hangs for me as well. Both Print and Print Preview. I don't
have problems anywhere else. Strange. I'm running FF 2.0.0.5 on Win2k SP4.

Alex K.

Jul 23, 2007, 6:13:20 AM7/23/07
Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 03:42:06 -0400, in message <6fSdnfTGquZPJTzb...@mozilla.org>,
> Alex K. wrote:
>
>> Ralph Fox wrote:

>>> Print preview has no problems here.
>>> Tested both Firefox 2.0.0.4/Windows and Firefox 2.0.0.5/Windows.

<snip>

>> I tried my normal profile, safe-mode, & a clean test profile, and each
>> time FF locked up when trying to do Print Preview, using FF 2.0.0.5 &
>> WinXP Home SP2.
>
> It might possibly be printer driver related.
> Test it with another printer driver -- such as "Generic Text only"***.
>
> IME Firefox remembers which printer it last used, so simply
> changing your default printer is not enough.
>
> *** IMO "Generic Text only" is always useful to have around,
> for converting anything to plain text using "print to file".

Yeah, printer driver was going to be my next thought. I've seen odd
problems before, with different printers/drivers, although this is the
first one I've seen that locks up FF.

After setting up the Generic/Text Only" printer, it does work. It will
save the page text to a file, although formatted rather funky. Thanks
for the tip, I didn't know about that one.

I don't know if that will accomplish what the OP wants, or if he's
looking for the full page, with graphics.

Furthermore, after "printing" to the generic printer, then going to
Print Preview, it works. The page displays as you would expect, with
full graphics. However, clicking the print button, and then changing
the printer back to my normal printer, it again locks up when I try to
print.

I'm using a Brother MFC-5460CN. I wonder what the OP is using, as well
as you, since it prints ok for you?

--
Alex K.

Howard Brazee

Jul 23, 2007, 12:06:32 PM7/23/07
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 06:13:20 -0400, "Alex K." <akfr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I don't know if that will accomplish what the OP wants, or if he's
>looking for the full page, with graphics.

I was able to solve my needs by switching to Opera. But that problem
and solution indicated that I post here in case someone who should
know about it would read it.

Howard Brazee

Jul 23, 2007, 12:07:28 PM7/23/07
wrote:

>I'm using a Brother MFC-5460CN. I wonder what the OP is using, as well

>as you, since it prints ok for you?

At work, I have a HP laser. At home I have an Epson stylus 800. Both
locked up Firefox, neither locked up Opera.

h.ste...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2007, 4:16:14 AM8/1/07
Confirmed on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; sv-SE; rv:
1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 running on Windows 2000.
Firefox locks up by pre-viewing the page. Selected printer (if it
really matters with Preview) is a Canon iR 3100 color laser/copier.

h.ste...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2007, 4:25:52 AM8/1/07