WebDAV Problems with Sunbird 0.5

fheb...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2007, 5:11:34 AM7/3/07
Hi all,
I've been using Sunbird for a while (tried lightning and calendar
extension as well), and setup a webdav server for my ics calendar
files, worked a treat.
Now I updated to 0.5 and all over sudden it doesnt work anymore.
While it showed all calendar events, I can add new events, but I am
not asked for a password at the start of a new session (to update
remote calendars), and doesnt update the remote calendars anymore.
If I hit reload, all new entries are gone, and eventually it doesnt
show the current entries anymore too.
Did an uninstall and clean new install , same thing.
Using phpical to view the calendars via firefox, that works fine.

Any clues?

Felix

fheb...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2007, 5:31:45 AM7/3/07
I reset the passwords, and it asks for them, so updating seems to
initiate fine, but then it appears to stall.
I also noticed that it lets you subscribe to nonexisting remote ics
files fine, without any notice or warning.
If I exit sunbird with a new event pending to be updated, it
apparently keeps running in the background (yeah, using windows).
The reload problem, that sunbird doesnt show any events once i click
reload appears to be connected to this...
its got some connection probs....

fheb...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2007, 6:02:39 AM7/3/07
Being _very_ patient, i get the following error.

There has been an error reading data for calendar: Uni. It has been
placed in read-only mode, since changes to this calendar will likely
result in data-loss. You may change this setting by choosing 'Edit
Calendar'.

Error number: ICS_NO_ERROR
0x804a0100 [calIICSService.parseICS]" nsresult: "0x804a0100
(<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Sunbird/js/calIcsParser.js
:: ip_parseString :: line 60" data: no]

fheb...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2007, 9:00:16 AM7/3/07
Yeah well, I just keep answering myself I guess...

I'm using Apache 2.2.2 (Unix) with web_dav module enabled.
GET and POST commands are logged, so sunbird sends them, but even with
a local ics file, it keeps stalling once a remote ics is to be
reloaded.

fheb...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2007, 11:28:55 AM7/3/07
Well, ok, whatever it is, it's to do with changes in Sunbird 0.5.
I deleted all folders related with Sunbird (did a regclean too),
installed 0.31, worked fine.
Deleted all folders again, regclean, installed 0.5, same bug.

Switched back to 0.31...
Doh.

Maybe someone cares and contacts me. Haven't found a way to submit
this as a bug...

Stefan Sitter

Jul 3, 2007, 2:12:24 PM7/3/07
fheb...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm using Apache 2.2.2 (Unix) with web_dav module enabled. GET
> and POST commands are logged, so sunbird sends them, but even
> with a local ics file, it keeps stalling once a remote ics is to
> be reloaded.

Since you are using Apache the last point on the Known Issues page
[http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/releases/common0.5.html]
might affect you. I'd like you to take a look and check if this
fixes the issue you see.

/Stefan

Robert

Jul 9, 2007, 1:00:04 PM7/9/07
Stefan,

I had this issue, and have commented out the relevant directive. This is
reported as a bug, with a work around but are there any security issues
related to commenting out the <limitexcept> directive?

Robert