Firefox Portable

FoldingHome

Aug 10, 2009, 3:03:45 AM8/10/09
I'm interested in distributing a collection of portable software
similar to PortableApps.com, Lupo PenSuite, WinPenPack and others.
Although this might sound like a crowded market, I think I can bring
something new to the table. I'd like to put the PortableApps.com
version of Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird into a collection of other
applications so users can start working as soon as they download the
software. Source code and home page would of course be referenced and
the home page would remain unchanged.

Portable freeware is a terrific way to put Firefox and Thunderbird
into the hands of users who otherwise would just use a browser like
Internet Explorer that sits on public terminals. Without it, I'll
have to settle for lesser browsers like Opera and Iron (a modified,
portable Google Chrome software).

I that a possibility? Thanks,

-Fh

Gervase Markham

Aug 10, 2009, 7:11:55 AM8/10/09
On 10/08/09 08:03, FoldingHome wrote:
> I'm interested in distributing a collection of portable software
> similar to PortableApps.com, Lupo PenSuite, WinPenPack and others.
> Although this might sound like a crowded market, I think I can bring
> something new to the table. I'd like to put the PortableApps.com
> version of Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird into a collection of other
> applications so users can start working as soon as they download the
> software. Source code and home page would of course be referenced and
> the home page would remain unchanged.

If you want to distribute modified Firefox builds which still use the
Firefox name and logo, please contact part...@mozilla.com. Thanks :-)

Gerv

FoldingHome

Aug 18, 2009, 11:21:22 AM8/18/09
to Gervase Markham

> If you want to distribute modified Firefox builds which still use the
> Firefox name and logo, please contact part...@mozilla.com. Thanks :-)
>
> Gerv

Excellent -- thank you.

-Fh