Monday Meeting changes

Gervase Markham

Sep 11, 2009, 12:45:38 PM9/11/09
OK, so if we have some consensus (or lack of objection) around Deb's
formulation of the purpose of the meeting (reformulated below): what
changes do people think we should make to better meet these goals and aims?

Follow-ups to mozilla.governance, please. IMO this has got away from
planning. (Or if you aren't a member and joining the group seems like a
big effort, you can email me.)

Gerv

1) What are the primary goals we have?

* Communicating key information about projects, direction,
governance, status, events, calls-to-action, and other
activities within the greater Mozilla Project.

2) What secondary effects are we hoping to achieve?

* Strengthening community coherence and the sense of being
part of something big and important.
* Recognizing top contributors and doling out the whuffie.
* Reinforcing the fundamental vision, goals, and values of
the Mozilla Project.
* Ensuring openness and transparency.

3) What audience(s) are we trying to reach?

* All contributors within the Mozilla Project.
* The silent mass of almost-contributors who are interested
in what we're doing, and trying to figure out how to get
involved.
* Interested observers -- industry watchers, the tech press,
and similar.

Mike Shaver

Sep 11, 2009, 1:27:31 PM9/11/09
to gover...@lists.mozilla.org
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Gervase Markham <ge...@mozilla.org> wrote:
> OK, so if we have some consensus (or lack of objection) around Deb's
> formulation of the purpose of the meeting (reformulated below): what changes
> do people think we should make to better meet these goals and aims?

It seems like this topic should be raised at a Monday meeting, if
we're going to take lack of stated objection as consent. I would also
want to hear specific feedback from people like Mitchell and Mark
Surman, and probably Brendan, rather than take their silence as
acceptance rather than busy-ness.

Mike

Mitchell Baker

Sep 11, 2009, 1:34:19 PM9/11/09
to Mike Shaver, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
or --shockingly -- a long vacation! will focus on this in the next few
days

ml

Mitchell Baker

Sep 11, 2009, 1:34:19 PM9/11/09
to Mike Shaver, gover...@lists.mozilla.org

Gervase Markham

Sep 14, 2009, 8:09:30 AM9/14/09
On 11/09/09 18:27, Mike Shaver wrote:
> It seems like this topic should be raised at a Monday meeting, if
> we're going to take lack of stated objection as consent.

Good idea :-) I'll add it to the agenda for today's meeting.

Gerv

Alex

Sep 14, 2009, 2:51:12 PM9/14/09

As someone who mostly spends the Monday meeting digging through
weekend bugmail, I would love to see us tune the meeting to be more
concentrated and effective at achieving our goals.

I recommend we move towards a short audio or video podcast where a
single anchor relays all critical and relevant news from the Mozilla
community. Sort of a multimedia version of about:mozilla, lasting
10-15 minutes, and concluding with boilerplate info on how you can get
more involved, and how you can get your news added to the next show.

Making this both subscribe-able and time shift-able should increase
overall viewership (albeit at the cost of any real time
collaboration), and we could slowly transition people from phone
conference by playing the podcast on Monday's at 11am PST in case
people are still calling in.

-Alex