New TestPilot Privacy Policy

1 view

Julie Martin

Apr 23, 2010, 7:44:16 PM4/23/10
We are updating the privacy policy for TestPilot today. We have had
several users contact us to say that they'd like to be able to save
their own data after it has been submitted to us. Previously, we
deleted that data from users' devices when it was submitted to us. To
accommodate this request, while not having data remain indefinitely,
we have decided that we will not delete it from users' machines for 7
days after it is submitted.

We have also clarified in the policy that we will post changes on a
Mozilla Labs webpage, such as the TestPilot blog. The TestPilot blog
is where we are going to announce this change, in particular. I will
also be posting on the announce newsgroup.

Here is the new section on retention of data:

"All Test Data will be made anonymous and aggregated, and made
available to the general public in the form of aggregate data. These
aggregate data do not personally identify any test participants.
Test Pilot is designed to remove the Test Data from the local database
in your Firefox browser when (1) when you choose to opt out of Test
Pilot or the test; (2) 7 days after you choose to submit Test Data to
Mozilla, or (3) when you choose not to submit the Test Data when
requested at the end of the test. Some users have told us they want
to keep their Test Data after submitting it to us. This is why we
will not delete it from your browser for 7 days after you submit. For
those who wish to keep their Test Data, please ensure you save it
during this 7-day window."

And here is the section on privacy policy changes (the sentence that
has been modified is the third sentence):

"Mozilla may change this Policy from time to time. Any and all changes
will be reflected on this page. When Mozilla changes this Policy in a
material way, a notice will be posted on a Mozilla Labs webpage, such
as on the TestPilot blog the www.mozilla.com Web site. Substantive
changes may also be announced through the standard mechanisms by which
Mozilla communicates with its users and community, including Mozilla's
"announce" mailing list and newsgroup. It is your responsibility to
ensure that you understand the terms of this Policy. You should
periodically check this page for any changes to the current policy.
Data collected will be governed by the Policy in effect at the time
the data was submitted to Mozilla."

Julie

timeless

Apr 24, 2010, 3:24:54 PM4/24/10
to Julie Martin, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 2:44 AM, Julie Martin <jma...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> When Mozilla changes this Policy in a
> material way, a notice will be posted on a Mozilla Labs webpage, such
> as on the TestPilot blog the www.mozilla.com Web site.

I think you're missing some words or punctuation between 'blog' and
'the www.mozilla.com'.