webgl: Can't find symbol 'ActiveTexture'

Chris Hills

Oct 5, 2009, 5:25:24 AM10/5/09
I am trying to view a webgl page, and I have compiled Mesa 7.6 with Xlib
and GLUT. When I go to a page that uses webgl I see the following output:-

nsGLPbufferOSMESA: gActiveBuffers: 1
Surface: 0xa31aeee0
Resize: 2 2
Can't find symbol 'ActiveTexture'
Canvas 3D: GLWrap init failed

khiraly

Oct 18, 2009, 4:14:11 AM10/18/09

I have the exact same error. My system is:
ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty) with an intel 4500MHD video card,
and I installed libosmesa6-dev (7.4-0ubuntu3), and
set the webgl.osmesalib string to /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so and it fails
the same:
Canvas 3D: creating PBuffer...
nsGLPbufferGLX: gActiveBuffers: 1
Canvas 3D: GLX_SGIX_pbuffer not supported
nsGLPbufferOSMESA: gActiveBuffers: 1
Surface: 0xa8360990

Resize: 2 2
Can't find symbol 'ActiveTexture'
Canvas 3D: GLWrap init failed

However before I set the webgl.osmesalib correctly, it failed with:
Canvas 3D: creating PBuffer...
nsGLPbufferGLX: gActiveBuffers: 1
Canvas 3D: GLX_SGIX_pbuffer not supported
nsGLPbufferOSMESA: gActiveBuffers: 1
Canvas 3D: Couldn't open OSMesa lib -- webgl.osmesalib path is
incorrect, or not a valid shared library

So I had a small progress at least;-)

Any idea what version should work? Or does it depends from the video
card? (intel)

Im eager to try out all webgl demo on the web!

Best regards,
Khiraly

khiraly

Nov 1, 2009, 3:44:21 AM11/1/09
On Oct 18, 8:14 am, khiraly <khir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the exact same error. My system is:
>  ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty) with an intel 4500MHD video card,
> and I installed libosmesa6-dev (7.4-0ubuntu3), and
> set the webgl.osmesalib string to /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so and it fails
> the same:

Ok, I installed the newest ubuntu 9.10 release, and firefox nightly
3.7a1pre.
I also installed libosmesa6-dev: libosmesa6-
dev_7.6.0-1ubuntu4_i386.deb
(along with its dependencies)
I also set the webgl.osmesalib string to /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.

But still the SAME ERROR.

Was anybody successfully run any webgl demo under LINUX?

If so please could he share what libosmesa6 version has, and what is
his webgl.osmesalib string?

Best regards,
Khiraly

Metal3d

Nov 26, 2009, 9:23:32 AM11/26/09

Same here, libOSMesa-6.5.4 on fedora 11 x64
If only it could work....

Metal3d

Dec 8, 2009, 11:42:48 AM12/8/09

Works on Fedora 11 with NVIdia, but not with ATI card (radeonhd
driver, GLXinfo direct render = yes)