[Hendrix] Favicon's in Mac OS X Toolbar

1 view

Jon Brown

Mar 6, 2008, 10:22:23 AM3/6/08
Name: Jon Brown
Email: jbrown510atgmaildotcom
Product: Gran Paradiso

Comments:
Yesterday (Mar 3, 2008) I finally switched back to Mac after a 15 year
hiatus. I was using Firefox 3.0B3 on Windows XP and am still using it
on Mac OS X. I HATE the theme on Mac OS X. Please create an offer a
theme similar to the new theme on Windows. The biggest gripe is the
lack of favicons in the toolbar, most of my bookmarks there do not have
any text, just the favicon. The next biggest gripe is the missing
history drop-down from the forward/back navigation buttons. Finally I'm
finding I prefer Window's font rendering, the font rendering on the Mac
is too heavy (anti-aliasing) and the setting in system preferences
doesn't seem to change it much if at all.

FWIW, someone made a Favicon theme for FF 2.0 but it screws things up in
FF 3.0, notably the find search bar that pops up at the bottom of the
window.

Thank you all for Firefox!

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020511 Firefox/3.0b3

Bevan

Apr 4, 2008, 8:28:15 PM4/4/08
Jon, I agree. You will likely be interested in my blog post about Mac
Favicon theme for FF3: http://drupal.geek.nz/node/114

I would love to be able to deprecate the theme and have this as an
option in FF3's preferences for Mac.

Bevan/