Changes to infrastructure tomorrow morning

Chris AtLee

Oct 5, 2009, 7:19:16 PM10/5/09
to dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-b...@lists.mozilla.org
Tomorrow morning (eastern time) I'm going to be landing a few changes to
our build/test infrastructure. I will not be closing the tree, as these
changes can be applied without shutting things down. I will be
monitoring builds and tests throughout the day to make sure that nothing
has been broken. If you see bustage that you suspect is due to one of
the changes, please contact me (catlee), or the RelEng sheriff (alice).

* Bug 516983 - Run 'make check' on opt and debug builds
* Bug 512592 - Run 'make check-valgrind' on tracemonkey debug builds
* Bug 486783 - Don't run the mochitest-a11y test suite on opt or debug
mac builds (since they're not built with --enable-accessibility)
* Bug 372581 - Upload debug builds to a separate directory on stage;
pass in --utility-path to runreftest.py so reftests and crashtests work
on debug builds.

If there's any reason why I shouldn't land these tomorrow, please let me
know!

Cheers,
Chris

Chris AtLee

Oct 6, 2009, 8:55:43 AM10/6/09
to dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-b...@lists.mozilla.org
I've been reminded by a few people that today is the code freeze
deadline, and so probably wouldn't be the best time to be landing
changes that could potentially affect test results on trunk.

I will try again next week!

Chris AtLee

Oct 19, 2009, 4:24:10 PM10/19/09
to dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-b...@lists.mozilla.org
If our latest set of release builds goes well, I'm going to be
attempting to land all the changes below again tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
Chris