A tool for comparing talos test runs

Jeff Muizelaar

Apr 1, 2010, 11:03:04 AM4/1/10
to dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm in the middle of hunting a tp4 regression and wanted a better
interface for comparing test run results, so I threw together the
following tool:

http://people.mozilla.org/~jmuizelaar/graph-server/detail.html?host=graphs-stage&old=1252601&new=1252569

This will you show you the name of each page, the two results and a
graphical representation of the precent change. Right now it doesn't
have any ui for choosing test runs; they have to be entered directly
into the url. Here's what the parameters mean:

- 'old' and 'new': these are the test run id's of the results you
want to compare.
You can grab the test run id's from the 'detail' links on
tinderboxpushlog.
For example, using the following url:
http://graphs-stage.mozilla.org/
graph
.html
#type
=
series
&tests=[{"test":"36","branch":"6","machine":"337","testrun":"1263948"}]
the test run id is '1263948'

- 'host': If you want to use results from try server you need to use
the additional
parameter: host=graphs-stage. If you want to compare results from
the real graphserver
use 'host=graphs' or omit this parameter.

Hopefully someone else will find this helpful.

-Jeff

WandaHENRY35

Nov 14, 2011, 7:27:15 AM11/14/11
freelance writer