tree horizontal scrollbar, column width

westbluz

Jul 27, 2007, 2:18:07 PM7/27/07
Hi.

I have tree with lots of columns. The problem is that i don't know how
to make a horizontal scrollbar to appear. The width attribute doesn't
seem to do the trick. If i use min-width it works but then i cant resize
the columns with the mouse. How to force a horizontal scrollbar to appear?

Is there a way to make treecols resize to the max size of a tree cell
content?

Thanks!

wb

Christophe Charron

Jul 30, 2007, 5:48:51 AM7/30/07
if you practice a little french, you can have a look here
http://test03.christophe-charron.org/index.html#Impossible_dafficher_le_scroll
(19 octobre 2006). I think that FF 3.0 will manage a better way tree
column width.

--
Best regards,
Christophe Charron

westbluz

Jul 30, 2007, 5:21:56 PM7/30/07
Thanks, but i solved it. Don't use flex attribute with width attribute
in treecol.

Regards.

Christophe Charron

Aug 3, 2007, 4:33:35 AM8/3/07
I tried here (http://test03.christophe-charron.org/public/xul/
2006_10_19/arbre_avec_scroll_horizontal_maisquandmeme_02_bis.xul) and
here (http://test03.christophe-charron.org/public/xul/2006_10_19/
arbre_avec_scroll_horizontal_maisquandmeme_03.xul) not to mix flex and
width as you said but it still doesn't work.

Could I see a little code example ?

Best regards,
Christophe Charron

On 30 juil, 23:21, westbluz <westb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks, but i solved it. Don't use flex attribute with width attribute
> in treecol.
>
> Regards.
>
> Christophe Charron wrote:
> > Hi,
> > if you practice a little french, you can have a look here

> >http://test03.christophe-charron.org/index.html#Impossible_dafficher_...

westbluz

Aug 6, 2007, 5:29:24 PM8/6/07
What's the effect you are trying to achieve?

Regards, WB

Christophe Charron

Aug 7, 2007, 10:11:03 AM8/7/07
I'd like to have the horizontal scroll in my tree
(http://test03.christophe-charron.org/public/xul/2006_10_19/
arbre_avec_scroll_horizontal_maisquandmeme_03.xul)
and to be able to increase ou decrease the width of my tree columns.

Best regards,
Christophe Charron

westbluz

Aug 8, 2007, 5:42:35 PM8/8/07

Christophe Charron

Aug 9, 2007, 4:02:03 AM8/9/07
On 8 août, 23:42, westbluz <westb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,
not really. If you look on a very wide screen, you won't see the
scrollbar and in this tree I cant increase column width as I much as I
want.

Regards

> Hi,
>
> it seems to me that you already achieved this.
>

> http://test03.christophe-charron.org/public/xul/2006_10_19/arbre_avec...

Neil

Aug 10, 2007, 3:52:41 AM8/10/07
Christophe Charron wrote:

>If you look on a very wide screen, you won't see the scrollbar and in this tree I cant increase column width as I much as I want.

Just a guess, but have you tried <splitter class="tree-splitter"
resizeafter="grow"/> ?

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Christophe Charron

Aug 10, 2007, 11:17:52 AM8/10/07

Yes,
great idea ... that works perfectly.
Just to have an hidden last column to be able to increase last
seenable column.

Thanks a lot !!
Here is the goog one :
http://test03.christophe-charron.org/public/xul/2006_10_19/2007_08_10_arbre_avec_scroll_horizontal_maisquandmeme_02_bis.xul

Neil

Aug 10, 2007, 7:56:25 PM8/10/07
Christophe Charron wrote:

>Just to have an hidden last column to be able to increase last seenable column.

(visible)

Do you actually need a column? Or does the splitter not work if you
don't have a hidden column there?

Christophe Charron

Aug 11, 2007, 2:38:19 AM8/11/07

Thanks for correcting my bad french english.
In fact, a visible column must be at the right of the last. If
"hidecolumnpicker="false" it's ok, if hidecolumnpicker="true", you
must have an hidden column to increase the last right column because,
in this case, the splitter doesn't work.
--
Best regards,
Christophe