updating observes attribute ?

rvj

Nov 17, 2006, 6:49:50 AM11/17/06

Given

<element id="demo" observes="oldid" />

Ive attempted to switch the broadcaster by changing the observes attribute.

document.getElement('demo').setAttribute('observes','newid')

Even though the attribute is updated (using getAttribute to check it),

the observe appears to still associated with the "oldid"

Is there something I need to force some kind of (DOM) refresh

Neil

Nov 17, 2006, 11:35:07 AM11/17/06
rvj wrote:

>Given
>
> <element id="demo" observes="oldid" />
>

>I've attempted to switch the broadcaster by changing the observes attribute.

> document.getElement('demo').setAttribute('observes','newid')
>
>Even though the attribute is updated (using getAttribute to check it), the observe appears to still associated with the "oldid"
>
>Is there something I need to force some kind of (DOM) refresh

Try removing the observes attribute, then setting the new one.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.