XUL developer position in the UK

MarkC

Sep 9, 2009, 9:32:18 AM9/9/09
We are looking to employ a XUL developer to work on our next
generation of laboratory management software. This class of software
is used to track samples and record results in all manner of
laboratory environments, and as such it also deals with managing lab
instruments, generating certificates, basic statistical analysis of
results, and so on.

The position is based in the heart of the UK countryside, on the Bucks/
Oxon border. Developers preferring to work from home are welcome to
apply, but we have a strong preference for someone to work in the
office on a daily basis.

The front-end software is written using remote XUL in order to allow
for centralised management by our customers' IT departments. The back-
end code is written in C# and connects to SQLServer or Oracle
databases, using IIS as the web server. This position is for a front-
end developer.

The ideal candidate will posses the following skills:

* Experience in writing front-end XUL. Ideally with experience in XBL,
templates and overlays.
* Strong Javascript skills.
* Familiarity with other web technologies, including SVG and Canvas.
* Strong HTML skills

In addition, the following skills would be useful:

* C#
* SQL
* Gecko/Firefox development
* Extension development

PLEASE NOTE: This software is NOT Open Source. This is a proprietary
product, built using XUL as a framework.

Applications should in the first part be made via email to
jo...@twofold-software.com including a description of any relevant
experience. Short-listed applicants will then be asked for a full CV,
references, and examples of previous work.