Possible to send a filled XUL/XML doc/fragment back to server for processing?

devc...@ivanix.com

Sep 24, 2006, 7:43:49 AM9/24/06
I'm working on a remote XUL application that uses LAMP (php on apache)
for back end and Firefox 1.5.0.x for the client browser.

Using XMLHttpRequest(), I am able to retrieve XML/XUL documents from
the server to dynamically update the current XUL document. However,
XMLHttpRequest() only allows POST or GET variables to be passed to the
server in the form "?var1=value1&var2=val2..".
I would like the ability to send XML/XUL document fragrement to the
server instead of POST variables. Is this possible?
Otherwise, I know that XFORMS is supposed to allow this, is the XFORMS
extension for firefox compatible with remote XUL to implement AJAX like
behavior?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Neil Deakin

Sep 24, 2006, 10:39:08 AM9/24/06
devc...@ivanix.com wrote:
> I'm working on a remote XUL application that uses LAMP (php on apache)
> for back end and Firefox 1.5.0.x for the client browser.
>
> Using XMLHttpRequest(), I am able to retrieve XML/XUL documents from
> the server to dynamically update the current XUL document. However,
> XMLHttpRequest() only allows POST or GET variables to be passed to the
> server in the form "?var1=value1&var2=val2..".
> I would like the ability to send XML/XUL document fragrement to the
> server instead of POST variables. Is this possible?

You can send documents using send(document), so you should be able to
insert the fragment into an empty document.

/ Neil