alert window shown in taskbar (implementing nsIAlertsService-alike)

us...@domain.invalid

Nov 14, 2006, 5:13:04 AM11/14/06
Hi all,

I'm trying to implement an alert window, like the one used in
nsIAlertsService. I want to put more than text in it, so this one
doesn't work for me.

The matter is that my alert window appears in the taskbar.

I use this javascript code to open the alert window:

function showNotify (type, user, message)
{
const nsISupportsArray = Components.interfaces.nsISupportsArray;
const nsIWindowWatcher = Components.interfaces.nsIWindowWatcher;

// prepare arguments
var args = Components
.classes["@mozilla.org/supports-array;1"]
.createInstance(nsISupportsArray);

// ... [fill args array]

// get window-watcher
var wwatcher = Components
.classes["@mozilla.org/embedcomp/window-watcher;1"]
.createInstance(nsIWindowWatcher);

// create window
var features = "chrome,dialog=yes,close=no,titlebar=no,popup=yes";
return wwatcher.openWindow(null,
NOTIFY_CHROME_URL,
"_blank",
features,
args);
}

The XUL file in NOTIFY_CHROME_URL is very similar to
chrome://global/content/alerts/alert.xul.

Any hints to solve this?

Cheers,
Jose

Jose Antonio Pérez Sánchez

Nov 14, 2006, 5:31:20 AM11/14/06
us...@domain.invalid escribió:
> Hi all,

Hi again,

It was me before, but my Thunderbird news account wasn't properly
configured.

Cheers,
Jose