top most window id?

rvj

Nov 9, 2006, 4:02:11 AM11/9/06
is there a xul function that will allow a script to determine the id or
handle of the active window task ?

in otherwords the task on the task bar which is the top most window

(this may or may not be a Mozilla application)

Nickolay Ponomarev

Nov 10, 2006, 12:16:53 PM11/10/06
to rvj, dev-te...@lists.mozilla.org
I think no. You wouldn't be able to do anything with such a handle
anyway (from JS).

Nickolay

rvj

Nov 13, 2006, 4:27:33 AM11/13/06
thanks

the problem I have is that I want to find a general method of changing the
colour of the top most window
(I have a custom titlebar using the xul titlebar element)

My hope was to be able to compare the current task id with those listed
using the Mozilla windows mediator

if false , then a non Mozilla application has focus and all of the Mozilla
tasks are in background.
if true then I simply apply the colour to the relevamt Mozilla task

*******

NB I did try usingg CSS window:focus which works except that I have nested
xul windows
which means that different one window within the same physical window
potentially can have focus.

consequently I dont really have a method which guarentees the physical
window has changed focus

"Nickolay Ponomarev" <asqu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

rvj

Nov 13, 2006, 5:04:35 AM11/13/06

PS

Ideally windows mediator should list all application tasks (task bar)
identifying which are Mozilla (xulrunner) tasks and which of the tasks has
focus

"rvj" <m...@rolemodels.net> wrote in message