checkbox support for multi-column listboxes

shy

Oct 23, 2006, 12:57:49 PM10/23/06
What I really wanted was using trees. But then I found out that the
checkbox-treecells only worked when the dont-build-content flag was not
set. So there was no point in using trees and its not cross-platform
compatible approach to displaying the checkbox's states through styles
since sorting by column doesn't wok with pre-built content.

So I jumped ship for multi-column lists.
Problem: I can't get the checkboxes to be "checkable." They display
fine. You can't interact with them.
I double-checked the documentation and tried applying editable="true"
attributes to the various related nodes. Nothing.

Can anybody here help me out?

Here's a test case:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>

<window id="test-window" title="Check List Test"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

<listbox rows="4">
<listhead>
<listheader label="multi-column"/>
</listhead>
<listcols>
<listcol flex="1"/>
</listcols>
<listitem>
<listcell type="checkbox" value="1" label="vghkvghk"/>
</listitem>
<listitem>
<listcell type="checkbox" value="2" label="vghjkvk" checked="true"/>
</listitem>
<listitem>
<listcell type="checkbox" value="3" label="hukfzgjcfj"
disabled="true"/>
</listitem>
</listbox>

<listbox rows="4">
<listhead>
<listheader label="single-column"/>
</listhead>
<listitem type="checkbox" value="1" label="vghkvghk"/>
<listitem type="checkbox" value="2" label="vghjkvk" checked="true"/>
<listitem type="checkbox" value="3" label="hukfzgjcfj"
disabled="true"/>
</listbox>

</window>

Neil

Oct 24, 2006, 5:20:27 AM10/24/06
shy wrote:

>I jumped ship for multi-column lists.
>Problem: I can't get the checkboxes to be "checkable." They display fine. You can't interact with them.

The listbox handlers only check listitems, not listcells. You would have
to implement your own custom event handling.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.